- Improves backup and recovery performance with high-speed, disk-based data protection
- Accelerates recovery of critical data
- Optimises storage infrastructure and helps reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Helps achieve business resilience objectives without changing existing backup procedures and practices
- Leverages data deduplication technology to help solve backup and recovery challenges in mid-sized environments.
Designed for mid-sized companies needing a more holistic approach to data protection, the IBM® System Storage TS7620 ProtecTIER Deduplication Appliance Express leverages extraordinary data deduplication technology to help solve critical backup and recovery challenges.
Available in two configuration options, the TS7620 ProtecTIER Deduplication Appliance Express is an integrated server and storage hardware platform that ships with IBM ProtecTIER deduplication software preinstalled. This solution has a preconfigured repository and can be configured with either a Virtual Tape Library (VTL) or Symantec OpenStorage (OST) interface. The TS7620 ProtecTIER Deduplication Appliance Express provides the essential capacity, price/performance, reliability, availability and scalability features your business demands.
- Single 3U integrated appliance in 6 TB and 12 TB physical capacities, upgradeable to 35 TB
- Plug-and-play installation
- VTL, Symantec OST or FSI CIFS/NFS support
- Easily managed from ProtecTIER Graphical User Interface (GUI) Manager
- Two 500 gigabytes (GB) serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) boot disks and up to 12 2 TB nearline serial attached SCSI (SAS-NL) disk drives
- Six 8 GB memory dual inline memory modules (DIMMs)
- One Intel® Pro/1000 PT dual-port gigabit Ethernet (GbE) adapter and one Emulex LPe11002 Fibre Channel (FC) host bus adapter (HBA)
- Two Intel Pro/1000PT dual-port GbE adapters and one Intel Pro/1000PT quad-port GbE adapter (CIFS/NFS, OST)
- One external DVD drive, cables and other components needed to provide a complete solution