- Support the latest Linear Tape-Open® (LTO®) technology with up to two LTO Ultrium® 6 full-height tape drives or up to four LTO Ultrium 6 half-height tape drives, as well as LTO Ultrium generation 4 and 5 tape drives using a 4U form factor
- Gain outstanding capacity, performance and reliability for a cost-effective backup, restore and archive for midrange storage environments
- Simplify user access to data stored on LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 cartridges through the use of IBM® Linear Tape File System (LTFS) software
- Manage library remotely through a standard web interface with flexibility and greater administrative control of storage operations.
The IBM System Storage TS3200 Tape Library Express Model leverages the latest generation of LTO technology to help cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
The TS3200 – and its storage management applications – is designed to address capacity, performance, data protection, reliability, affordability and application requirements. It is designed as a functionally rich, high capacity, entry level tape storage solution incorporating the latest LTO Ultrium tape technology. The TS3200 is an excellent solution for large capacity or high performance tape backup with or without random-access, as well as an excellent choice for tape automation for IBM Power Systems, IBM System x and other open systems.
- Designed to support LTO Ultrium 6, 5 or 4 tape drives for increased capacity and performance including Low Voltage Differential (LVD) small computer systems interface (SCSI), Fibre Channel (FC) and serial attached SCSI (SAS) attachments
- Designed to offer outstanding capacity, performance and reliability in a 4U form factor with 48 data cartridge slots and a mail slot for midrange storage environments
- Designed to support cost-effective backup, save, restore and archival storage in sequential or random-access mode with a standard bar code reader
- Remote library management through a standard web interface designed to offer flexibility and greater administrative control of storage operations
- 8 gigabit (Gb) FC or 6 Gb SAS interfaces
- LVD SCSI drive, 4 Gb FC and 3 Gb SAS interfaces in LTO Ultrium 4 full-height
- Use of up to four LTO Ultrium half-height tape drives
- Standalone or rack-mount option