- Helps reduce costs with lower power consumption, consolidation and space reduction
- Supports media partitioning on Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 6 media and IBM® Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Double the compressed cartridge capacity and over 40 percent better performance compared to LTO Ultrium 5 drives
- Designed to provide greater capacity and performance to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
- More energy efficient than previous generations.
The IBM System Storage TS2360 Tape Drive Express – part of the entry-level IBM System Storage tape product family – supports the storage, security and compliance requirements of today’s organisations. The TS2360 leverages the newest generation of LTO Ultrium technology, helping to cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
The TS2360 Tape Drive Express is suited for handling backup, save and restore, also archival data storage needs with higher capacity and a higher data transfer rate than the previous generation. In addition, the LTO Ultrium 6 technology is designed to support media partitioning and LTFS Single Drive Edition. It also continues to support encryption of data and write once, read many (WORM) media.
- Features the new LTO Ultrium 6 technology
- Supports partitioning on LTO Ultrium 6 media and the new IBM LTFS technology
- LTO Ultrium 6 technology continues to support encryption of data and WORM operations
- Adheres to the widely supported LTO Ultrium specification, which promotes standardisation and allows for multiple media and drive providers
- Designed to provide higher capacity to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
- Compatible with major operating systems and independent software vendor (ISV) applications
- Uses advanced technologies designed to optimise throughput, increase cartridge capacity and provide superb data protection
- Maximum storage capacity up to 6.25 terabytes (TB)* with 2.5:1 compression
- Native data transfer rate of 160 MBps
- Adheres to widely supported LTO Ultrium standards
- 6 Gbps SAS connectivity available
- Dual SAS port and one Ethernet port
- New enclosure design allowing two units to be mounted side by side in a 19 in. IBM server rack
- External stand-alone or rack-mountable unit
* Media general availability: December 2012