- Designed to provide long term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs
- Easily access data stored on Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 6 and 5 cartridges through the use of IBM® Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology
- Gain more energy efficiency than with previous generations
- Support media partitioning on LTO Ultrium 6 media and Linear Tape File System (LTFS)
- Double the compressed cartridge capacity with more than 40 percent better performance than LTO Ultrium generation 5 drives.
The IBM System Storage TS2260 Tape Drive Express is the answer to growing storage requirements – and shrinking backup windows. Incorporating the latest generation of impressive LTO technology, the TS2260 Tape Drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, as well as archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rates than the previous generation. In addition, the LTO Ultrium 6 technology is designed to support media partitioning and the IBM LTFS Single Drive Edition. It also continues to support encryption of data and write once, read many (WORM) media.
The IBM System Storage TS2260 Tape Drive is an excellent tape storage solution for organisations requiring backup and low cost, archival storage of data. The TS2260, with a half-height form factor, offers more capacity than the full height LTO Ultrium 5 tape drive in less space. The TS2260 provides a physical storage capacity of up to 6.25 TB1 (with 2.5:1 compression). The data transfer performance has increased over the previous LTO Ultrium half-height generation with a transfer rate of up to 160 MBps with 6 Gbps SAS interface connectivity. It also offers two SAS and one Ethernet port per drive to improve availability.
- LTO Ultrium 6 tape drive in a half-height form factor
- Partitioning on LTO Ultrium 6 media and IBM LTFS technology
- LTO Ultrium 6 technology support for encryption of data and WORM operations
- Adherence to the widely supported LTO specification, which promotes standardisation and allows for multiple media and drive providers
- Higher capacity addresses the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
- Compatibility with major operating systems and independent software vendor applications
- Advanced technologies for optimised throughput, increased cartridge capacity and superb data protection
- Maximum storage capacity up to 6.25 TB with 2.5:1 compression
- Native data transfer rate of 160 MBps
- Adheres to widely supported LTO standards
- 6 Gbps SAS connectivity available
- Dual SAS port and one Ethernet port
- New enclosure design allowing two units to be mounted side by side in a 19 in. IBM server rack
- External standalone or rack-mountable unit
1 Media Availability: December 2012