Simplified & centralised management of your storage infrastructure
Are your storage requirements growing too fast? Are the costs of managing this growth taking more and more of your IT budget? Would you like to make a better use of existing storage without adding more complexity to the infrastructure? Would you like to experience an Enterprise Architecture and a robust platform at much lower total cost of ownership compared to competitive offerings?
Enterprises today are increasingly deploying Virtualised Enterprise SAN Architecture in order to meet the high-end storage requirements in a smarter way. These requirements are driven by following factors
- Performance - Industry leading I/O performance
- Single point Management – Managing the Storage from one Console
- Scalability – Ability to scale Multi-Petabyte storage
- Virtualization - SAN wide Virtualization across multi storage array
- Heterogeneous Support – Ability to integrate with Multi storage arrays
- Total cost of ownership – Increased savings for overall solution
Virtualisation Manager: IBM SAN Volume Controller (v6.1)
IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller V6.1 can help solve these problems and get you on the road towards a more flexible, responsive, and efficient storage environment. IBM’s Enterprise class Virtualised SAN Architecture is designed to provide significant capabilities to assist storage administrators in their responsibilities, enabling them to manage broader and more complex storage infrastructures and to get the maximum performance out of their storage.
IBM SAN Volume Controller (v6.1) delivers enhancements to SVC in the areas of performance, volume management, system scalability, and user interface. SVC delivers IBM Easy Tier which automates data placement throughout the SVC storage pool onto two tiers of storage to intelligently align the system with current workload requirements. SVC delivers highest benchmark performance as demonstrated in SPC-1 – 380,489 IOPS & SPC-2 – 7GB/s throughput.
Benefits of IBM Virtualised Enterprise SAN Architecture
IBM’s single console Virtual Enterprise SAN architecture solution offer
- Enterprise Class IBM Virtualisation Storage Array
- Next Generation Enterprise Storage Controllers
This highly scalable and extremely robust performance solution is the best in the industry for Enterprise SAN requirements.
Features of Virtualised Enterprise SAN architecture:
- Highest Performance – Highest IOPS rate of 272,500, with SPC-1 Benchmark suite, SPC-2 – 7GB/s throughput
- Scalability – Upto 8 PB in single Enterprise storage architecture, upto 256 Storage controller engines
- Single point Management: Entire storage is managed from a single console and gives a single view to the entire storage infrastructure management
- Heterogeneous Support – Integrate Multi-vendor storage arrays and relieves customers from vendor lock-in
- TCO Savings: Optimized to use fewer rack space, power and cooling requirements to provide best TCO in its class.
- Future proof architecture: The architecture is built to lay the foundation for all future storage technologies and business requirements like cloud computing while continuing to provide single system management environment.
Leadership in Performance
Over multiple product generations, IBM SVC has consistently achieved the highest I/O performance benchmark results in the industry. In contrast, some storage vendors have not published any benchmarks results for their comparative offerings. Below is the highlight of the benchmarked performance numbers. It is clearly evident that IBM Virtualised Enterprise SAN Architecture is superior among all comparative Vendors.