The facts that really matter
AIX on Power™ works 99.99% of the time. 100% of the time.
An organisation with growth on its mind 100% of the time, needs a platform that offers superior performance with the highest degree of availability. And only AIX, IBM’s UNIX platform on Power™ series servers, lives up to these expectations.
AIX has the highest uptime in its class at a remarkable 99.99%. The remaining 0.01% leads to an unplanned downtime of only 15 minutes a year – which is 2.36 times lower than our closest UNIX-based competitor.
The ITIC 2009 Global Server Hardware and Server OS Reliability Survey results announced AIX as the most reliable among 15 different server operating system platforms. Download the report for an in-depth look at what makes AIX the most reliable platform.
So if you’re thinking of UNIX for your organisation, think only AIX.
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME comparison based on ITIC 2009 Global Server Hardware and Server OS Reliability Survey as of July 2009 which polled IT managers at 400 corporations from 20 countries worldwide to quantify and qualify the reliability of 15 different server operating system platforms running on a variety of proprietary UNIX and Intel-based hardware platforms. As far as IT departments are concerned, anything that causes them to take the server offline, regardless of the cause, is unplanned downtime. Included in this category are instances of vendors releasing an unanticipated patch to fix a technical bug or security vulnerability. The results indicate that the IBM AIX on the Power series System p5 and System p6 servers is the clear winner; it offers rock solid reliability, besting all competing operating systems, including those running on Intel-based x86 machines. The IBM servers running AIX consistently score at least 99.99% or just 15 minutes of unplanned per server, per annum downtime. IBM, the IBM logo, ibm.com, Power Systems, AIX, Smarter Planet and the planet icon are trademarks of the International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and services names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrades.html. (C) International Business Machines Corporation 2011.
We're here to help
- Easy ways to get the answers you
- E-mail IBM
Or call us at: 1800 425 3333
or +91 80 26788990
Introducing IBM PureSystems
Built-in expertise, integration by design and a simplified experience.
Learn more about AIX
Get an in-depth look at what makes AIX the most reliable platform