This is a list of some of the articles that have appeared in print or on-line about JTOpen and the IBM Toolbox for Java. Some are by IBM's Toolbox development team, and others are by users or members of the trade press. If you know of any additional articles that should be considered for inclusion in the list, please send the URLs or references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (8/2008) Exploit IBM DB2 for i Database Development with JDBC 4.0 (link resides outside of ibm.com) by Jarek Miszczyk, in MC Press Online.
Overview of exploiting JDBC 4.0 features with the Toolbox JDBC driver.
- (7/2004) MX to iSeries Demystified - A world-class database platform paired up with a world-class Web application server (link resides outside of ibm.com) by Jeremy Lyon, in ColdFusion Developer's Journal .
Describes how to connect ColdFusion MX to an IBM iSeries DB2 database. Describes connectivity options and gives configuration examples.
- (7/2003) IBM's Toolbox for Java Is Getting Better Every Day by Joe Pluta, in Midrange Programmer, OS/400 edition .
A brief overview of the history and value of JTOpen and the IBM Toolbox for Java.
- (1/2003 - 5/03) By Marc Logemann, in Midrange Programmer, OS/400 edition.
"This is [a series of] articles about Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) development with the ToolboxME API."
- (1/2003) iSeriesMonitorME: An Intro to Wireless Programming with iSeries ToolboxME
- (2/2003) iSeriesMonitorME: Set Up a Wireless Development Environment
- (3/2003) iSeriesMonitorME: A Real-World Wireless iSeries Application
- (5/2003) iSeries Wireless Access with JDBC
- (10/2002) V5R2 IBM Toolbox for Java: What's New? (link resides outside of ibm.com) by Robb Wiedrich, in MC Press Online.
"New functionality gives users more power and flexibility."
- (9/2002) What's in the IBM Toolbox for Java V5R1? (link resides outside of ibm.com) by Robb Wiedrich, in MC Press Online.
"HTML classes, resource classes, servlet classes--and that's just the beginning."
- (8/2002) Accessing iSeries Data: Wireless Style (link resides outside of ibm.com) by Robb Wiedrich, in MCMagOnline.
"An indepth introduction to the Toolbox Micro Edition, identifying what is included and how to leverage this incredible set of tools to build wireless applications."
- (7/2002) Weaving WebSphere: JTOpen--The Right Tools for the Job (link resides outside of ibm.com) by Joe Pluta, in MC Press Online.
"This column introduces JTOpen -- one of IBM's best-kept non-secrets -- and explains why it's important to you."