What’s New in Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1
Here are some of the new features for Sametime8.5.2 IFR1's Instant Messaging
- File transfer: multi-file/folder , nway
- Offline messaging
- Org tree
New devices and capabilities for mobile users, including IOS IM Client for iPhone & iPad, and SUT Dialer for iPhone
Meeting enhancements for web browser users:
- Browser-based meetings for iPad & Android,
- Leave Meeting Button
Improved audio/video capabilities, including Active Speaker indicator in meetings, Auto-Mute participants upon joining for moderator, and custom video resolutions
Mac OSX10.7,IE9&FF4/5 support
For more information about Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1, visit IBM Sametime.
What’s New in Sametime 8.5.2
Enhancing the features introduced with Sametime 8.5 and 8.5.1, this release adds:
- Many meeting enhancements for web browser users
- More capability to control access to meeting rooms
- Improved audio/video management capabilities, including NAT traversal of firewalls and bandwith management
- New devices and capabilities for mobile users
- And more
For more information about Sametime 8.5.2, visit IBM Sametime.
What’s new in Sametime 8.5.1
Enhancing the features introduced with Sametime 8.5, this release adds:
- Support for IBM i 7.1 and additional Domino releases. See System Requirements.
- Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and Linux client support
- Improved Video quality and stability
- Additional Mobile devices added: Blackberry Storm2 (9520/9550) and Bold2 (9700)
For more information about Sametime 8.5.1, visit IBM Sametime.
What’s new in Sametime 8.5
The focus of Sametime 8.5 is to make unified communications seamless to the user by introducing a range of new capabilities and improvements:
- A new online meeting experience is fully integrated into the Sametime Connect client.
- A new Sametime Meetings panel provides a consolidated view of a user's meetings and calendar and makes starting or joining a meeting a single-click process. Users can easily invite others to meetings by dragging their names from the Contact list and accept meeting invitations with a single click, just like joining a group chat. Users can move seamlessly from a text chat to a voice or video chat to a meeting. To upload meeting materials, they simply drag and drop the items.
- New, zero-download, browser-based chat and meeting clients extend the desktop experience to wherever the user is working.
- Improved audio and video capabilities make it easier to interoperate with existing audio and video conferencing systems and increase their utilization.
- Higher quality native voice and video services for a more compelling collaborative experience out of the box.
- New Web 2.0 APIs let developers embed Sametime capabilities into Web sites and applications.
- For mobile users, there is a new browser-based Apple iPhone chat client, support for the Blackberry Storm, and an improved mobile client for Microsoft® Windows® Mobile devices.
- New social views make it easier for users to find the people they collaborate with the most.
- You can now select an existing geographic location that you have previously used and copy the location data to your current location.
- Improved integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office puts more Sametime capabilities at users' fingertips.
This release also continues to focus on enhancing Sametime as a platform, making it easier to manage and less expensive to operate.
- A new Sametime System Console centralizes infrastructure configuration, deployment, and management and centralizes policy management for all Sametime services.
- A new Sametime Media Manager with SIP-based interfaces and APIs interoperates with third-party video and audio conferencing systems. It deliver a better user experience at a fraction of the bandwidth and provides administrative controls over the video experience (size, bitrate, and so on).
- A new online meeting infrastructure no longer requires add-on servers for high availability and improves firewall friendliness by using HTTP/S to connect users.
- A new Sametime Proxy Server with Web 2.0 APIs simplifies integration into Web sites and applications.
For more information about Sametime 8.5, visit IBM Sametime.