What's new in Lotus Quickr 8.5.1
Enhancing the features introduced with Lotus Quickr 8.5, this release adds:
- Support for direct upgrade to Lotus Quickr 8.5 from 8.1.
- Capability to take Lotus Quickr places offline, make changes, then synchronize with the online version on the server. This includes updating of custom lists ( a new feature in Lotus Quickr 8.5).
- Import and export of Microsoft Excel 2007 files.
- Full interoperability with Lotus Connections 3.0.
- Support for BIDI (bi-directional) languages.
What's new in Lotus Quickr 8.5
IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino delivers a new user experience that makes it easy to get started and is powerful enough to support advanced document sharing. Performance improvements provide a responsive end-user experience and are designed to reduce the total cost of ownership. The streamlined user experience in Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino reduces the number of mouse clicks required for the most commonly used actions and the modern visual design is clean and easy to use.
Some of the new features included in Quickr 8.5 for Domino are:
- Integration with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) repositories
- Easy document check-in, check-out, and versioning from the Web interface and Lotus Quickr Connectors
- A recycle bin for soft delete capability
- New browser-based rich text editor provides full fidelity of text formatting from editors such as Microsoft Word or Lotus Symphony™ when using copy/paste
- Team calendar overlays to personal calendars in Lotus Notes® or Microsoft® Outlook
- Folder level access control
- Intuitive lists function to organize data sets and to provide an easy way to visualize, edit, and analyze tabular data
- General performance and navigation improvements
- Representational State Transfer (REST) services for page and document uploads and expansion of Web service APIs
Additional enhancements make managing Quickr 8.5 for Domino easier:
- Support for IBM i 7.1 in addition to 6.1 and 5.4
- New administrative control, reporting, and deployment options.
- Support for direct upgrade from Quickr 8.2 to Quickr 8.5 for Domino.
- Expanded and stored system usage statistics for trend analysis and optimization.
- Multilingual Lotus Quickr servers so one Lotus Quickr server can support multiple languages.
All of these improvements plus increased scalability and performance are designed to reduce the overall total cost of ownership of Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino.
The updated Lotus Quickr Connectors included with Quickr 8.5 for Domino are backwards compatible with earlier versions of Lotus Quickr, allowing your users to leverage the improvements in the Quickr Connectors prior to upgrading your server to Quickr 8.5 for Domino.
Installing or upgrading to Lotus Quickr 8.5.x