|Product Description||Declared A-Weighted Sound Power Level, LWAd (B)||Declared A-Weighted Sound Pressure Level, LpAm (dB)|
|8852, 7989, BladeCenter H, Enhanced Blowers, Acoustics Mode5,6||7.5||7.5||60||60|
|8852, 7989, BladeCenter H, Enhanced Blowers, Performance Mode5,6||8.88||7.5||72||60|
|8852, 7989, BladeCenter H, Original Blowers, Acoustics Mode5,6||7.5||7.5||60||60|
|8852, 7989, BladeCenter H, Original Blowers, Performance Mode5,6||8.1||7.5||66||60|
1. LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B);
2. LpAm is the mean A-weighted emission sound pressure level measured at the 1-meter bystander positions (rounded to the nearest dB);
3. 10 dB (decibel) = 1 B (bel);
4. All measurements made in conformance with ISO 7779 and declared in conformance with ISO 9296.
5. Acoustical doors are an available option that can reduce the sound power levels by approximately 0.6 B (6 dB).
6. Onboard altimeter adjust fan speeds based on altitude. Levels stated above are for 0-500 ft altitude. E.g., at 7000 ft, levels would be about 0.3 - 0.4 B (3-4 dB) higher.
7. Operating mode is running SpecJBB exerciser on Intel platform with Turbo-off.
8. Notice: Government regulations (such as those prescribed by OSHA or European Community Directives) may govern noise level exposure in the workplace and may apply to you and your server installation. This IBM system is available with an optional acoustical door feature that can help reduce the noise emitted from this system. The actual sound pressure levels in your installation depend upon a variety of factors, including the number of racks in the installation; the size, materials, and configuration of the room where you designate the racks to be installed; the noise levels from other equipment; the room ambient temperature, and employees' location in relation to the equipment. Further, compliance with such government regulations also depends upon a variety of additional factors, including the duration of employees' exposure and whether employees wear hearing protection. IBM recommends that you consult with qualified experts in this field to determine whether you are in compliance with the applicable regulations.