- Simple Configuration — Configure fabric once, quickly add additional chassis’ to the point of delivery (POD)
- Autonomous Administration — System administrators have the ability to add additional chassis and hardware with minimal assistance from the network administrators.
|Simplified management with higher availability
- Single Management Device — Integrated system fabric managed by the primary G8264CS
- In-service software upgrade — The primary G8264CS switch provides all upgrades and patch management to the POD with zero downtime‡
- Fabric Elasticity — Ability to grow the fabric POD supporting up to 252* compute nodes
- Feature on Demand — Add additional ports as business demands increase
- Optimized Components Reduce the number of I/O devices required in a multi-rack solution
- Unified Provisioning Reduce configuration errors with a single point of provisioning
- Multi-tenant — Isolation of multiple client’s data in the POD
* Based on double-dense Flex System x222 compute nodes with 7:1 oversubscription.
‡ The primary RackSwitch G8264CS provides in-service upgrades to all 19 devices (slave G8264CS and all 18 SI4093 interconnect modules).