On-line ordering will be available in 4Q 2014
- Streamlines network deployment and operation using Brocade Virtual Cluster Switching (VCS) technology in a Brocade VDX environment
- Ports can be configured to support Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity
- Access Gateway (NPIV) simplifies connections to Fibre Channel SANs
- Helps improve network utilization, reduce latency and increase overall network performance by using multi-path capabilities at multiple network layers
Every IT department faces a number of challenges in preparing for the future. You know your business and your IT needs best. You want to build an IT infrastructure tuned for your applications and services. You need the flexibility to configure and reconfigure switch ports without downtime.
The IBM® Flex System® EN4023 10 Gb Scalable Switch is designed for easy integration into a Brocade Virtual Cluster Switching (VCS) environment. Brocade VCS Fabric technology simplifies network design and operations for a more automated and efficient network. This switch offers flexibility via Dynamic Ports on Demand (DPOD). You can start with a base 24-port entitlement that can be applied to any of the internal or external ports. The switch also offers external Flex Ports that can be configured as Fibre Channel or FCoE ports.
- Streamlines network deployment and operation using Brocade Virtual Cluster Switching (VCS) in a Brocade VDX environment.
- Available Feature on Demand (FoD) upgrades allow purchase of additional port licenses as needed.
- User may assign available ports for internal or external connections up to a maximum of 42 internal ports and up to 16 external ports.
- An FoD upgrade is also available for adding Fibre Channel and FCoE ports.
- External SFP+ 10 Gb Ethernet ports
- Upgrade FoD 1: 16 10 Gb Ethernet ports and two 40 Gb QSP+ ports
- Upgrade FoD 2: 16 10 Gb Ethernet ports
- Upgrade FoD 3: Enables FCoE and Fibre Channel ports
- 10 Gb Ethernet, FCoE, 4/8/16 Gb FC
- Brocade VCS