- Designed for large mainstream virtualization, business process and database workloads
- No compromise scalable and dense four-socket design with available 1.5 TB memory capacity and up to 64 virtual network adapters
- Strong price performance for larger workloads and simplified deployment and management
To meet today’s complex and ever-changing business demands, the IBM® Flex System® x440 compute node is designed for mainstream virtualization, database deployments, and business process memory-intensive environments. The Flex System x440 compute node is a price-performance optimized 4-socket compute node with flexible I/O options to help you match system capabilities to workloads. With a dense design, the Flex System x440 compute node can help reduce floor space used, and lower data center power and cooling costs.
Ideal platform for many workloads
The Flex System x440 high-density, four-socket compute node is performance-tuned and features compute, memory and I/O capacity to meet your needs. It is designed to deliver a combination of performance, built-in capabilities, and cost-effectiveness, featuring automated power management with onboard sensors to give you more control over power and thermal levels across the system. Combined with memory capacity up to 1.5 TB, the Flex System x440 compute node is designed to help you get the most out of your systems.
- Utilized for virtualization, performance and highly scalable I/O
- Designed for memory-intensive HPC applications and distributed database
- Management of all resources from a single interface with IBM Flex System Manager®
- Virtual networking with virtual fabric and up to 16 physical ports
- Memory capacity up to 1.5 TB, 48 DIMMs
- Four Intel Xeon processor E5-4600 v2
- Automated power management with onboard sensors
- Two 2.5-inch hot-swap (SAS/SATA/SSD) disk slots
- Integrated system management
- Integrated RAID-0, -1 or optional ServerRAID M5115 (RAID-0, -1, -5, -6, -10, -50)
- Redundant optional hypervisor
- 4 x Mezzanine Cards (x16 + x8 PCI Express 3.0)
Contact Lenovo for x86-based systems
Lenovo acquires IBM x86 systems
These IBM x86 products are now products of Lenovo in the U.S. and other countries. IBM will host x86-related content on ibm.com until migrated to Lenovo. During the transition, please interpret references to IBM in relation to transitioned products as Lenovo.
IBM PureFlex Solution for SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure
Get support for up to 8,400 Windows 7 users in a single PureFlex rack.
IBM SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure
Deploy flexible virtual desktops with greater choice and control.