This high-energy class focuses in IBM's solutions and middleware for the System z platform. Students will learn how to deliver the business value of System z software - and how that value is a differentiator in the marketplace. Students will also develop skills to identify, quantify and drive new workloads on System z for its main Capabilities: IT Optimization (hardware platform readiness), Cloud solutions, Dev/Ops and Enterprise Modernization, Application Infrastructure and Connectivity, Business Process Management, Mobile solutions, Data Management and Information Governance, Data Warehousing and Business Analytics, Security solutions and Software Licensing and Pricing.
Students will learn to lead their customers from a legacy-centric environment to an environment that leverages the SWG Capabilities (mentioned above) that are now available on System z. Each student will be expected to submit an active Sales Opportunity, prior to the class. During class, students will apply their knowledge to identify Opportunities and cross-sells and to develop a Win Plan for their own opportunity.
This is a graded class (Pass/Fail), and it has mandatory prerequisites. On Day One of the class, there will be a Pre-Test that includes material from the prerequisites; your score on this test will be part of your final grade. For this reason, you should start your prerequisite work as early as possible.
System z Software Top Gun is a 4.5 day class.
System z Software Sales Reps (zSCLs), Software Sales Reps, Inside Sales, Client Reps, Software Client Architects, Technical Sales, Business Partners.
This class has mandatory prerequisites. The most time consuming of these is "z101, The Value and Differentiation of System z" which can take 10 hours. On Day One of the class, there will be a test that includes material from the prerequisites; your score on this test will be part of your final grade (Pass/Fail). For this reason, we are giving you notice of the need to start your prerequisite work as early as possible.
- Sales Opportunity. You must identify a System z software sales opportunity to work on during the class. For your Sales Opportunity, please complete Sections 1, 2 and 3 ("Opportunity information; What options do we explore with the client; What solution do we propose") of the DOC below. You will be asked to send your Sales Opportunity DOC to the Class Manager, two weeks prior to class, and bring soft copy of the DOC with you. During class, we will modify and enhance your Sales Opportunity. You will work with a team member and go home with a completed Win Plan. Please let me know if you want to be teamed with someone in particular.
- For SWG sellers, there is 2014 requirement to complete "SWG Sales Certification to Stand and Deliver." For System z, we use the "Value of zEnterprise" White Board and Sales Kit. We will assume that students have completed this certification, but here is the URL https://w3-connections.ibm.com/wikis/home?lang=en-us#!/wiki/W358f72976926_452a_a709_df4fdafe10ca/page/Welcome%20to%20SWG%20Stand%20%26%20Deliver%20Certification
- IBMers should complete the VSZISV01, "ISV Takeout 101" eLearning course (Business Partners get a "pass" on this one):
- Complete the z101, “The Value and Differentiation of System z” eLearning course. This class is downloaded to your laptop and run from there. It will take experienced sellers 8-10 hours, but new seller should plan for more (10-15 hours). The course is modular, so you don’t have to take it all at once.
The course is modular, so you don’t have to take it all at once.
- Complete the “Introduction to Software Contracts” eLearning course.
- Read the Software Pricing Reference Guide PDF
IBM System z Software Pricing Reference Guide
- If you have NOT completed the "Software Licensing Overview" part of SWG Selling Essentials, please do so. https://w3-connections.ibm.com/wikis/home?lang=en-us#!/wiki/Wf4306a2428a0_434c_98f3_d5d2dc929c23
|Day 1 - Monday||
Hardware Platform Readiness
IT Optimization with z/VM and Linux
White Board - Value of zEnterprise EC12
White Board assignments and practice
|Day 2 - Tuesday||
Quiz # 1 and Review Exercises for Day 1
Application Infrastructure, BPM and Mobile solutions
White Board role play
Software Licensing and Pricing
|Day 3 - Wednesday||
Quiz # 2 and Review Exercises for Day 2
Data Management and Information Governance
Business Analytics solutions
|Day 4 - Thursday||
Quiz # 3 and Review Exercises for Day 3
Optimize IT and Business Infrastructure
Objection Handling as preparation for Post Test
Opportunity Workshop - teams develop their presentations
|Day 5 - Friday||
Opportunity Workshop - team presentations
Awards and Closing Comments
Adjourn at 12:45
Click on the date below to enroll in a future class: