2012 was a difficult year in most countries around world. Power competitors are developing new solutions and we need to work hard to stay in front.
Many customers are considering Public Cloud and Systems based on Windows/Intel (Wintel) or Linux/Intel (Lintel) for the workloads that usually run on POWER. We need to help the customers decide what is the best platform for their computing requirements.
We have restructured the class for 2013 with 30% new content and updated course design to help you sell more POWER Systems
Changes for 2013 include:
- New name POWER COMPETITIVE TOP GUN This emphasises the constant requirement for sellers to explain why POWER is a better choice than alternative systems.
- More interactive with less presentations. We have student activities every day in 2013.
- Improved Basics of Power Section. This will help sellers who are new to POWER.
- More Selling Skills. Many sellers have asked for more advice and strategies to win.
In 2013 we will be focussing on 4 things:
- EnterpriseSystems – Why is POWER the best choice for your customer’s most important workloads – What do Enterprise Customers think is important and how does POWER meet the requirements for these customers?
- Express Systems – Many customers buy smaller POWER systems. These customers are very concerned about TCA (Total Cost of Acquisition) and “time to value” We need to show that POWER is a good choice for these customers. We will discuss Express Systems, Solution Editions and the Power Linux products and compare POWER to Wintel and Lintel
- PureSystems – Many customers are looking for an “Expert Integrated System” We need to understand the value of PureSystems and when to propose PureSystems and when to propose rackmount POWER. We will learn about POWER and PureFlex, PureApplication and PureData.
- How to develop a Proactive Business Case to help your customer to understand the Value of POWER. Proactive means that we can provide the customer with a quality response (before we asked) to many common business and IT evaluations including:
- What workloads should be moved to Wintel?
- The role of Linux?
- Public or Private Cloud?
This Class is not:
- An alternative to POWER Brand launch education.
- A technical introduction to POWER Servers and Operating Systems.
- An alternative to the excellent Technical University and other technical education program for Systems Architects and similar Technical Support staff.
- Where to learn how to use the Configurator and other Technical tools
IBM Power Systems Value Top Gun is a 4 day class. Class Hours are typically 8:30 -6:30 PM and there is study and preparation required outside class hours.
It is NOT OK to miss sessions. We try to schedule regular breaks so you can attend to those critical phone calls,- Please ensure that you have someone organised to cover your territory while you are busy at Top Gun.
Please make sure that you do not book travel home from class that requires you leave the classroom before 5PM on the last day of class.
IBM and Business Partner Sales Specialists, anyone who spends a good deal of their time selling Power Systems based solutions.
The objectives are to: understand, position, quantify value and help sell solutions on Power Systems:
- Understand the key solution areas for Power Systems, and the client business value derived from implementing them.
- Articulate how to position Power Systems as an innovation platform to client executives.
- Determine how to drive sales - especially in key focus application areas.
- Who can help you to sell POWER Solutions – resources and partners.
- Understand the competition, their strategies and how to combat them.
This year we will be combining traditional presentations with interactive sessions so we can practice what to say to the customer in a supportive environment.
Click on the date below to enroll in a future class:
Take a look at some of the student quotes from previous classes.
“This was a phenomenal class” – Atlanta class CSM
“I learned a lot about the products, how to sell, and what resources there are to assist me in my sales efforts” – Federal sector Sales specialist
“Excellent delivery of material by the presenters. I noticed a huge improvement in my knowledge during the class.” BP Client Rep