Successful selling of POWER infrastructure has changed dramatically in the last 2-3 years. Customer acceptance of Intel x86 technology and Linux solutions for traditional POWER workloads demands a new approach to POWER selling. Interest in Cloud and Big Data / Analytics solutions requires POWER Sellers to learn how to have different conversations with their customers.
This course will teach you how to articulate today’s VALUE of POWER Systems so sellers can discuss with customers how a POWER based solution will best benefit their business requirements.
We have built the 2015 POWER Sales Top Gun class with new content and an updated course design to help you sell more POWER Systems in 2015.
- Build Your Sales Messaging. You will learn how to articulate IBM’s Linux on POWER strategy with your customers. You will learn why POWER is an excellent solution for emerging workloads and how to discuss that with your customers. You will learn how to differentiate POWER values as compared to Intel x86 claims with your customers. You will learn how to make POWER relevant again with new and existing customers.
- Selling Technology Is Not The Focus Of This Class. Selling the value of technology in support of customer workloads is the focus of this class.
- Solution Focused. You will understand how POWER Systems improve upon Analytics, Big Data and Cloud solutions your customers are considering. Oracle, SAP Hana and IBM software solutions on POWER will be covered also.
- More Interactive Discussion - Less POWERPoint. There are student activities every day that require involvement from all students. You will practice what you learn.
- Identify and understand how to use IBM resources that add value to your proposal and advance your POWER sales opportunities.
This Class is not:
- An alternative to POWER Brand launch education.
- A technical introduction to POWER Servers and Operating Systems.
- An alternative to the excellent Technical University and other technical education program for Systems Architects and similar Technical Support staff.
- Where to learn how to use the Configurator and other Technical tools
This class is about selling POWER Systems. This is a graduate level class targeted at experienced POWER Systems sellers with prior product knowledge. However, anyone involved in selling POWER Systems solutions will benefit from attending this class.
The IBM POWER Sales Top Gun is normally a 3.5 day class. Geographies hosting the class can choose to include an optional 1/2 day of basic knowledge training for students new to selling POWER, new to the POWER marketplace or new to selling technology. Regular class hours are typically 09:00AM-06:30PM with the class ending around 3pm on the last day.
Please make sure that you do not book travel home from class that requires you leave the classroom before 3PM on the last day of class.
Attendance at all class sessions (except the optional ½ day training) is required. We schedule regular breaks so you can attend to critical phone calls or e-mails. Please ensure that you have someone organized to cover your territory while you are busy at Top Gun.
- IBM and Business Partner Sales Specialists
- Anyone involved in the sale of POWER Systems Solutions
The objectives are to; understand, position, quantify value and sell POWER Systems Solutions.
- Learn how to reposition POWER Systems as an innovative / relevant platform to customers in 2015. (Open POWER, Linux on POWER, etc.)
- Understand and articulate the client value gained from implementing POWER infrastructure.
- Position POWER sales as a key component for the primary applications that customers are focused on.
- Identify resources that can help you sell POWER Solutions – IBM resources and partners.
- Sell more POWER solutions, earn larger commission payments.
- Experience in the field selling POWER Systems solutions for at least 6-12 months is highly recommended!
- If you do not have this experience then attending the optional 1/2 day of basic knowledge training (if offered) for students new to selling POWER, new to the POWER marketplace or new to selling technology is highly recommended
- Additional prerequisites will be provided when you enroll and are confirmed in the class.
- This year we will be combining traditional presentations with interactive sessions so we can practice what to say to the customer in a supportive environment.
- The final class agenda will be sent to you as part of the pre class communications.
Click on the date below to enroll in a future class. Please check back frequently as additional classes are added to this list.
Take a look at some of the student quotes from previous classes.
“This was a phenomenal class” – Atlanta class CSM
“I learned a lot about the products, how to sell, and what resources there are to assist me in my sales efforts” – Federal sector Sales specialist
“Excellent delivery of material by the presenters. I noticed a huge improvement in my knowledge during the class.” BP Client Rep