Then IBM System Storage Portfolio TOP GUN is the class for you!!!
The IBM System Storage Portfolio Top Gun is a face-to-face (classroom) class.
IBM System Storage Portfolio Top Gun is a 4.5 day class. The class may be delivered on 4.5 consecutive days, or as a hybrid class with a required self study component and 3.5 days of classroom education.
The audience for this class is:
The objective for this class is to build the seller's core product selling and value selling skills with regard to IBM's System Storage portfolio by providing an understanding of:
- IBM's System Storage strategy, products and solutions
- The Storage Marketplace
- IBM's chief competitors in each market segment
Upon completion of the course, the seller should be able to identify, validate, qualify, propose, and win IBM System Storage opportunities.
In addition, the course will help sellers prepare for IBM System Storage sales certification.
There are several prerequisite activities for this class, as follows:
- You should have a fundamental working knowledge of storage concepts and technologies. For example, you should be able to readily answer questions such as these:
- What is a device driver?
- What is latency?
- What is zoning?
- What is LUN masking?
This prerequisite knowledge may be acquired through experience or through the IBM Top Gun Virtual Learning: Storage Fundamentals virtual class, available via the IBM TGVL website
- You should have a basic understanding of the IBM System Storage Product Portfolio. Please review the IBM System Storage Product Guide (TSO00364USEN.pdf), which will be sent to you prior to class.
- There will be prerequisite reading (whitepapers, solution briefs, web lectures, etc.) prior to class.
- You will be asked to select a real, live customer - one that you have identified as a prospect. If you don't have a territory, ask your colleagues, mentor, or manager to share an opportunity with you. We will use this opportunity in our Value Workshop throughout the week.
Agenda / Topics
Click on the date below to enroll in a future class. Please check back frequently as additional classes are added to this list.
What people are saying about IBM System Storage Portfolio Top Gun:
“Top Gun is simply the best sale training. Period!” IBM Technical Specialist, Colombia
"I have attended other vendor's storage training and this on has been far superior." BP Sales Specialist, Australia
“It was a fantastic and very informative session which enabled me to do business in smarter way.” BP Technical Specialist, India
“Best class I ever attended. Especially the workshop which helped me combine all the learning into real life scenarios.” IBM Storage Sales Specialist, Thailand
“Good competitive information.” IBM Sales Specialist, China
"For me this Top Gun was very VALUABLE. It was a lot of useful information to drive business in the future." - IBM Business Partner, Germany
“This has been an excellent course. I am a new employee coming from HDS and Dell and this was the best course ever in my career” IBM Technical Specialist, United States
"The panel discussions were a useful forum to discuss real life issues around storage and customers." IBM Sales Specialist, New Zealand
"This is the best course I have had in my career. Great teach team and a well managed course." IBM Technical Specialist, Brazil
“As a new BDM into the IT industry this class has given me a huge amount of confidence to engage with customer to understand opportunities and talk with authority on storage.” IBM Business Partner Sales Specialist, Australia