With a focus on CAMSS (Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social, Security) oriented workloads, it is critical that, as sellers, we correctly prepare ourselves to respond to client needs for this new era of computing. Traditional storage infrastructures can no longer keep up with the increasing demands of these types of workloads. They are driving huge growth in data volumes, at an unprecedented pace and clients are seeking solutions to help them cost-effectively optimize current storage environments while at the same time exploit new CAMSS opportunities.
The Software Defined Storage Infrastructure Top Gun face to face class will provide you with the necessary skills to have effective, value oriented conversations with your Clients about our Software Defined Storage (SDS) solutions with a focus on CAMSS.
To be successful as a Storage Seller, you will need to:
- Understand IBM SDS solution offerings well enough to maximize your opportunities for CAMSS workloads
- Know how IBM SDS solutions can help your clients manage the information explosion and get the most from their storage resources
- Describe how our storage solutions are built with agility, efficiency and are optimized for automation and performance, while reducing overall cost
- Know how to correctly position our SDS storage offerings, namely the IBM Spectrum Storage family
- Understand how to position IBM SDS solutions competitively
- Stay current in the fast changing storage marketplace
- Know the tools and resources that are available to help you sell
- Get a head start in preparation for storage certifications
Through a combination of content presentations, interactive exercises, and value selling workshops, the SDSITG class will help you achieve success by arming you with these skills.Please note that this is not a product portfolio class.
The audience for this class is:
- All IBM and Business Partner sellers with at least 6 months experience in IBM Storage products and solutions
- Experienced IBM and Business Partner sellers needing an IBM Storage knowledge refresh
- New hire Storage Sales Specialists in their first 6 - 12 months
- Anyone else selling or supporting the sales of IBM Storage solutions
The objective for this class is to build the seller's core solution selling and business value-selling skills with regard to IBM Storage, by providing an understanding of:
- IBM Storage strategy and SDS solutions for CAMSS workloads
- The Storage Marketplace trends and directions in this new era of computing
- How to position our Storage solutions versus key competitors in the marketplace
Upon completion of the course, the seller should be able to identify, validate, qualify, propose, and win IBM Storage opportunities.
In addition, the course will help sellers prepare for IBM Storage sales certification.
There are several prerequisite activities for this class, as follows:
- You should have a fundamental working knowledge of storage concepts and technologies. This prerequisite knowledge may be acquired through experience or through the IBM Top Gun Virtual Learning: Storage Fundamentals virtual class, available here: TGVL:Storage Fundamentals
- You should have a basic understanding of the IBM Storage portfolio. Please review the IBM System Storage Product Guide available here: IBM Storage Product Guide
- There will be prerequisite IBM storage product based web lectures. Links will be supplied prior to class.
- Be prepared to discuss your real Client opportunities (no need to mention names if sensitive) - ones that you have identified as prospects. You will have an opportunity to discuss them with your colleagues through team exercises and workshops.
Sample Agenda Topics
Click on the date below to enroll in a future class. Please check back frequently as additional classes are added to this list.
- January 19-22, 2016: Dallas, Texas
- February 29 - March 4, 2016: Lagos, Nigeria
- April 12-15, 2016: Taipei, Taiwan
- April 11-15, 2016: Mainz, Germany
- April 26-29, 2016: Raleigh, North Carolina
- May 8-12, 2016: Cairo, Egypt
- May 16-20, 2016: Bogota, Colombia
- May 23-27, 2016: Segrate, Italy
- July 4-8, 2016: Madrid, Spain
- July 12-15, 2016: Chicago, Illinois
- August 29 - September 2, 2016: Moscow, Russia
- September 5-9, 2016: Helsinki, Finland
- October 24-28, 2016: Dubai, UAE