- Improve application availability and boost application performance
- Increase application and server scalability
- Enhance application and server security
- Simplify server deployment and management
- Reduce data center total cost of ownership (TCO)
Enterprises are continuously retooling their data center infrastructure to meet the seemingly insatiable appetite for more IT services and users. This constant retooling has left chief information officers (CIOs) with an extremely complex topology in their data centers with many different servers, an array of local area network (LAN) switches, multiple management consoles and a variety of application-specific appliances—all from different manufacturers. As a result, CIOs are faced with managing this complex infrastructure while having to respond to demands for better performance, higher availability, more scalability, and better security—all with a flat or shrinking IT budget.