- 10 Gigabit Ethernet or 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet switch module for IBM® BladeCenter® H and BladeCenter HT
- Unmatched performance, availability and resilience for high performance computing clusters
- Up to 75 percent less energy and heat than some 10 Gigabit Ethernet 1U rack switches
- Migration path supports a mix of 1 Gigabit Ethernet/10 Gigabit Ethernet server adapters and uplink ports
- Flexible virtual NIC supporting 2-14 virtual pipes
- Enables consolidation onto 10 GbE.
- Industry’s first CEE/ DCB blade switch for FCoE
- Helps meet requirements of enterprise and telecommunication environments
Networks are changing; voice, video, storage and data are quickly converging onto a single backbone. Growth in cloud services and Web 2.0 multimedia content is pushing bandwidth demand to the network edge. These bandwidth demands are also increasing as clients employ virtualization and focus on maximizing server use.
Energize your blade-based architecture with the IBM BladeCenter Virtual Fabric 10 Gigabit Switch Module. This switch module is designed for high performance and low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching, investment protection as you migrate from 1 GbE to 10 GbE, and the convergence of networking, storage and computing onto a 10 GbE fabric.
- More bandwidth for heavy workloads
- Complete logging of all changes
- Automatic chassis detection
- Supports 1 GbE server links and 10 GbE uplinks
- Up to ten 10 GbE SFP+ uplink ports
- 14 10 GbE downlink ports
- Latency as low as 1.6 µsec
Lenovo acquires IBM x86 systems
These IBM x86 products are now products of Lenovo in the U.S. and other countries. IBM will host x86-related content on ibm.com until migrated to Lenovo. During the transition, please interpret references to IBM in relation to transitioned products as Lenovo.