|Easy to use, space-saving 7U chassis that incorporates hot-swap disks,
- BladeCenter S can meet your IT needs with six server bays and support for the latest SAS, Nearline SAS or SATA disks, or an intermix of the disks.
- Highly integrated IT infrastructure helps simplify the deployment, of servers and storage.
- Comes with an easy setup flyer and the BladeCenter Start Now Advisor tool to get you up and running quickly.
- BladeCenter S uses standard office power supplies, enabling you to build your IT outside of the data center.
- Support for the latest x86 and IBM Power blade servers allow you to create the best solution for your specific workload needs.
- Virtualization capability allows you to “virtualize everything” for a more flexible, better utilized and potentially lower cost IT infrastructure with a common management construct.
- Innovative design reduces cables by up to 80% compared to rack servers, helping save you installation time and on cable costs.
- Extensive compatibility with the family of BladeCenter blades, switches and ecosystem products.
- BladeCenter S supports a very broad portfolio of low-voltage processor options, helping enable customers to lower their power usage without sacrificing performance.2
- Because BladeCenter S uses power supplies that are as much as 90% efficient, much less power is wasted as heat and more power is available for the chassis and servers to use.
- Blower/fan modules in the chassis adjust to compensate for changing thermal characteristics. At the lower speeds they draw less power.
- The use of fewer and lower-power components helps enable power and cooling savings.
|IBM Open Fabric
- Delivers a flexible, open, connected infrastructure to help optimize application performance.
- BladeCenter supports a wide array of fabrics including: SAS, Ethernet, Fibre Channel and iSCSI.
- Helps centralize storage, including boot capability, which can help reduce the effect of a disk outage on an application.
|Powerful solutions management
- Provides intelligent systems management for rock-solid reliability.
- Exploits hardware capabilities by surfacing pertinent information about your blade server.
- Easy-to-use Deployment Wizard provides step-by-step installation instructions with automated deployment capabilities.
- Advanced Management Module provides more robust hardware running Linux® and supporting many industry-standard, open protocols.
- Provides a fault-tolerant connection from the blade server to all modular components.
- Innovative midplane design provides support for you to upgrade to new technologies and helps preserve your original investment.
|Hot-swap, management, switch, power supply and blower modules
- Provides single point of control for managing the entire solution helping to increase system reliability and availability.
- BladeCenter S comes standard with one Advanced Management Module.
- IBM smart management capabilities can help boost administrator productivity.
- Uniquely designed Calibrated Vectored Cooling technology helps protect critical system components to help drive toward OnForever™ reliability.
- Supports a wide selection of integrated switching components from industry-leading vendors including, IBM System Networking (BNT), Cisco, QLogic and more.
- Optional Gigabit Ethernet switch modules provide Gigabit Ethernet communication between blade servers, management modules and external hardware.
- Optional Fibre Channel switch modules deliver highly available cost-effective storage network, including support for IBM System Storage® SAN.
- Supports up to four 950 W/1450 W auto-sensing power supplies with load-balancing and failover capabilities, providing additional reliability and protection.
- Each power supply includes a customer replaceable fan pack to help keep the power supplies running at peak performance.
|Advanced server management
- Supports system availability to accurately measure planned vs. unplanned outages.
- Supports capacity manager to help monitor critical server resources, identify and predict bottlenecks and recommend upgrades to prevent diminished network performance.
- Supports rack manager to conveniently configure and monitor rack components and provide health information.
- Supports software rejuvenation (PFA for software) to monitor performance trends of software over time, predict software aging issues and schedule servicing when required.
|IBM Remote Deployment Manager
- Simplifies and automates deployment and redeployment for efficient installation and setup of your blade servers.
- Perform deployment tasks via the network that previously may have required a visit to each system, helping save your administrator valuable time.
- Supports all Wake on LAN® and Pre-boot eXecution (PXE) enabled products.
|Light path diagnostics self-diagnosis panel
- LEDs located on the front and rear of the system provide quick and easy guide to troubleshoot your server to help provide more availability and faster system uptime.
|Predictive failure analysis
- Helps save you time and money by decreasing unplanned downtime.
- Helps increase uptime by allowing you to receive proactive alerts and take corrective action, in some cases as much as 24 - 48 hours in advance.
|3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty
- IBM Global Services organization provides reliable, dedicated and skilled assistance when you need it.
- Provides peace of mind for an extended period of time.