- All in one—integrates servers, SAN storage, networking and I/O into a single chassis
- No special wiring needed—uses standard office power plugs supporting 100 - 240 V
- Flexible modular technology—integrates a family of Lenovo® blade servers supporting a wide range of operating systems and applications
- Easy to deploy, use and manage
- Helps build greener IT infrastructures—Advanced cooling technology delivers a portfolio of tools that helps plan, manage and control power and cooling
Large enterprises and small businesses alike depend on their IT systems to provide the high performance, availability, and resiliency customers and partners demand. Yet to stay competitive, organizations must find an economical way to simplify and efficiently manage evolving technology requirements. Small and midsized businesses in particular are pressured to do more with less space, fewer IT resources and tighter budgets.
For many organizations, Lenovo® BladeCenter® is the answer. Many large enterprises have long known that blade systems can help:
- Reduce the physical server sprawl associated with typical businesses.
- Minimize the IT staff needed to manage the applications essential to operating day-to-day business functions.
- Lower costs through the ability to add more servers, storage and networking simply on an as-needed basis.
- Save energy through reduced power consumption compared to rack servers.
Lenovo brings the power of BladeCenter to small and midsized businesses. The Lenovo BladeCenter S chassis delivers the industry’s first blade chassis uniquely designed for small and midsized offices and distributed environments. Building in simplicity and economy, BladeCenter S is designed to get big IT results from the smallest IT staffs.
- First BladeCenter chassis built specifically for the office and distributed enterprise environment
- The first blade chassis to incorporate a fully redundant SAN inside the BladeCenter S
- Open and easy management tools deliver advanced, proactive management, providing rich and broad systems management capabilities
- Predictive Failure Analysis helps save you time and money by helping decrease unplanned downtime
- Advanced cooling technology helps maintain the health of your system by keeping internal components cool
- Available in the Office Enablement Kit, the ideal way to deploy BladeCenter S into the everyday office environment.
- 7U rack-optimized chassis
- Up to six blade server bays
- Up to 12 SAS, Nearline SAS or SATA or an intermix of the disks
- 3.5-inch Disk Storage Module provides up to six 3.5-inch SAS, Nearline SAS or SATA, or an intermix of the disks
- 2.5-inch Disk Storage Module provides up to twelve 2.5-inch SAS HDDs
- Hot-swap and redundant switch modules supporting SAS, Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel options
- Up to four hot-swap and redundant load-balancing power supply modules
- High-availability midplane helps enable increased uptime and investment protection for future technologies