|Dense, space-saving 9U chassis
- With 14 server bays, this enclosure allows you to pack up to 112 quad-core processors into an industry-standard rack.
- Highly integrated IT infrastructure simplifies the deployment, provisioning and management of servers as well as network and storage switch fabrics.
- Virtualization capability allows you to “virtualize everything” for a more flexible, better utilized, and potentially lower-cost IT infrastructure with a common management construct.
- Innovative design reduces cables by up to 80% compared to rack servers, helping you save on installation time and cable costs.
- Extensive compatibility with the entire family of Lenovo® BladeCenter® blades, switches and ecosystem partnership offerings.
|Cool Blue technology
- Helps you plan, manage and control power and cooling in the data center—helping to build greener infrastructures.
- The web-based System x® and BladeCenter Power Configurator accurately predicts the power and cooling required for specific configurations thereby enabling realistic planning of the proper power and cooling infrastructure.
- IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager also provides the capability to cap and allocate power, as required. This capability helps maximize server usage within a restricted power envelope.
- The Rear Door Heat Exchanger can help address hot spots in the data center by managing heat at the rack level.
- Industry-leading power supply efficiency.
- BladeCenter uses power supplies that are 94% efficient and 80 PLUS Platinum Certified, so less energy is wasted as heat and more power is available for the chassis and servers to use than with typical power supplies.
- BladeCenter H supports a broad portfolio of low-voltage processor options, helping customers to lower their power usage without sacrificing performance.*
- Blower/fan modules in the chassis adjust to compensate for changing thermal characteristics. At the lower speeds they draw less power.
- Delivers a flexible, open, connected infrastructure to help optimize application performance.
- BladeCenter H supports a wide array of fabrics including: Virtual Fabric, FcOE, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand and iSCSI.
- Virtual Fabric for ultimate combination of I/O performance and flexibility
- Helps centralize storage, including boot capability, which can dramatically reduce the effect of a disk outage on an application.
- Wide variety of connectivity choices including the industry’s only integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet solution for blade servers plus 10 Gigabit iSCSI support for Linux.
|Powerful solutions management
- Provides intelligent systems management for rock-solid reliability.
- Exploits hardware capabilities by surfacing pertinent information about your blade server.
- Easy-to-use Deployment Wizard provides step-by-step installation instructions with automated deployment capabilities.
- Advanced Management Module provides more robust hardware running Linux and supports many industry-standard, open protocols.
- BladeCenter H comes standard with one Advanced Management Module; a second is available as an option for redundancy.
- Provides fault-tolerant, redundant connections from the blade servers through the midplane to modular components in the chassis.
- Flexibly designed midplane provides support for you to upgrade to new technologies as your needs change.
|Hot-swap, redundant management, switch, power supply and blower modules
- Provides a single point of control for managing the entire solution helping to maximize system reliability and availability.
- Lenovo management capabilities can help boost administrator productivity.
- Uniquely designed cooling technology helps protect critical system components to help drive maximum reliability.
- Supports a wide selection of integrated switching components from industry-leading ecosystem provider companies such as Cisco, Nortel, Brocade, QLogic and McDATA.
- Optional 10 Gb Ethernet switch modules provide high-speed Ethernet communication between blade servers, management modules and external hardware.
- Supports up to four 2980 W high-efficiency power supplies with load-balancing and failover capabilities, providing additional reliability and protection.
- Each power supply includes a customer- replaceable fan pack to keep the power supplies running at peak performance.
- Easy transition for customers already deploying BladeCenter.
|High-speed switch module support
- BladeCenter H supports all the fabrics that BladeCenter customers are used to seeing, including up to four 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 4X InfiniBand connected fabrics.
- 10 Gb Ethernet and 4X InfiniBand deliver low-latency and high-throughput access all the way down to each blade.
|High-speed bridge module bays
- Bridge modules allow customers to create a high-speed fabric between BladeCenter H chassis and to virtualize that single fabric into their traditional Ethernet and fabric interconnects.
- Allows for I/O consolidation and virtualization across multiple chassis making it even easier to scale as solution needs change.
|Remote Deployment Manager
- Simplifies and automates deployment and redeployment for efficient installation and setup of your blade servers.
- Performs deployment tasks via the network that previously required a visit to each system, saving your administrator valuable time.
- Supports all Wake on LAN and Pre-boot eXecution Environment (PXE)-enabled products.
|Light path diagnostics self-diagnosis panel
- LEDs located on the front and rear of the system provide a quick and easy guide to troubleshoot your server, to help increase system uptime.
|Predictive Failure Analysis
- Helps save you time and money by minimizing unplanned downtime.
- Helps increase uptime by allowing you to receive proactive alerts and take corrective action, in some cases hours before actual failure.
|Three-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty
- Organization provides reliable, dedicated and skilled assistance when you need it.
- Offers peace of mind for an extended period of time.