- Maximizes productivity and minimizes power usage through energy-efficient design and innovative features
- Delivers extreme density and integration to ease data center space constraints
- Protects an organization’s IT investment through IBM BladeCenter® family longevity, compatibility and innovation leadership in blades
- Supports latest generation of IBM BladeCenter blades, providing investment protection
- Choice of 2000 W or 2320 W power supply to meet your IT infrastructure needs
With today’s data centers growing and becoming more complex than ever before, enterprise organizations look for innovative answers that combine extreme density with energy efficiency for productive, low-cost solutions. IBM BladeCenter E delivers a powerful platform to meet these requirements; it integrates servers, storage, networking and applications so organizations can build robust IT infrastructures. The result is a data center packed with more operating horsepower that leaves a small carbon footprint.
Lower power usage
With its best-in-class energy-efficient design, BladeCenter E enables organizations to reduce power consumption without compromising processing performance. In fact, the system is 11% or more efficient in power and cooling compared to the HP c-Class chassis to run the same configuration in the data center.1 With these power savings, an organization can operate at full potential with lower energy costs—and can go green and save.
- Open and easy management tools deliver advanced, proactive management, providing rich and broad systems management capabilities
- Predictive Failure Analysis helps save you time and money by decreasing unplanned downtime
- Light path diagnostics provides a quick and easy guide to troubleshoot your blade servers to help provide higher availability and system uptime
- Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ helps maintain the health of your system by keeping internal components cool
- 7U rack-optimized chassis
- Up to 14 blade server bays for extreme performance density
- Up to four hot-swap and redundant switch modules supporting Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), Fibre Channel (FC), SCSI over IP (iSCSI) and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)
- Up to four 2000 W or 2320 W hot-swap and redundant load-balancing power supply modules
- High-availability midplane helps enable maximum uptime and investment protection for future technologies
1 Configuration notes: HS21 blade in BladeCenter E and BL460c in c-Class, both with two 2.66 GHz dual-core processors, 16 GB memory, dual Ethernet, one 36 GB SAS HDD. Power figures based on testing performance 04/14/2007—per-server power usage is Prime95 avg 4 thread. IBM = 256W, HP 289W.