|Robust space-saving 7U chassis
- With 14 server bays, this enclosure allows you to pack up to 84 2-processor servers into an industry-standard rack.
- Highly integrated IT infrastructure simplifies the deployment, provisioning and management of servers as well as network and storage switch fabrics.
- Support for four blade families including Intel servers, AMD servers, POWER™ servers and Cell BE blades.1 Allows you to select the blades based on what best fits your application workloads.
- Virtualization capability allows you to “virtualize everything” for a more flexible, better-utilized and potentially lower-cost IT infrastructure with a common management construct.
- Innovative design reduces cables by up to 80% compared to rack servers, helping save you installation time and on cable costs.
- Extensive compatibility with the entire family of BladeCenter blades, switches and ecosystem products.
|IBM Cool Blue™ technology
- Helps you plan, manage and control power and cooling in the data center.
- Cool Blue’s Web-based Power Configurator accurately predicts the power and cooling required for specific configurations, thereby enabling realistic planning of the proper power and cooling infrastructure.
- IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager tool tracks actual power usage, temperatures and heat emitted, and trends these items over time so you can actively manage power and cooling with real information.
- Active Energy Manager also will manage through power incidents (e.g., brownouts, supply failures) to help users avoid outages due to power and cooling issues.
- Cool Blue’s Active Energy Manager also provides the capability to cap and virtually allocate power, as required. This capability helps maximize server usage within a restricted power envelope.
- IBM’s Rear Door Heat Exchanger can help address hot spots in the data center.
- BladeCenter E supports a very broad portfolio of low-voltage processor options, helping enable customers to lower their power usage without sacrificing performance.2
- Because BladeCenter E uses power supplies that are as much as 92% efficient, much less power is wasted as heat and more power is available for the chassis and servers to use.
- Blower/fan modules in the chassis adjust to compensate for changing thermal characteristics. At the lower speeds they draw less power and produce less ambient noise.
- A high degree of blade and module compatibility across the BladeCenter family of chassis permits the use of fewer and lower-power components to enable significant power and cooling savings.
|IBM Open Fabric
- Delivers a flexible, open, connected infrastructure to help optimize application performance.
- BladeCenter supports a wide array of fabrics including: Ethernet, Fibre Channel, SAS and SCSI over IP (iSCSI).
- Helps centralize storage, including boot capability, which can dramatically reduce the effect of a disk outage on an application.
- Brocade and QLogic NPIV Fibre Channel switches help simplify SAN deployment and management.
|Powerful solutions management
- Provides intelligent systems management for rock-solid reliability.
- Exploits hardware capabilities by surfacing pertinent information about your blade server.
- Easy-to-use Deployment Wizard provides step-by-step installation instructions with automated deployment capabilities.
- Advanced Management Module provides more robust hardware running Linux® and supporting many industry-standard, open protocols.
- Provides a fault-tolerant connection from the blade server to all modular components.
- Innovative midplane design provides support for you to upgrade to new technologies and helps preserve your original investment.
- Front-access USB 2.0
|Hot-swap, redundant management, switch, power supply and blower modules
- Provides a single point of control for managing the entire solution, helping to maximize system reliability and availability.
- BladeCenter E comes standard with one Advanced Management Module, while the second one is available as an option for redundancy.
- IBM smart management capabilities can help boost administrator productivity.
- Uniquely designed Calibrated Vectored Cooling technology helps protect critical system components for maximum reliability.
- Supports a wide selection of integrated switching components from industry-leading ecosystem partner companies such as Cisco, BNT, Brocade, Emulex, QLogic, and Intel.
- Optional Gigabit Ethernet switch modules provide Gigabit Ethernet communication between blade servers, management modules and external hardware.
- Optional Fibre Channel switch modules deliver a highly available cost-effective storage network, including support for an IBM System Storage™ SAN.
- Supports up to four 2000 W or 2320 W power supplies with load-balancing and failover capabilities, providing additional reliability and protection.
|Advanced server management
- Supports IBM Director System Availability to accurately measure planned vs. unplanned outages.
- Supports IBM Director Capacity Manager to monitor critical server resources, identify and predict bottlenecks and recommend upgrades to prevent diminished network performance.
- Supports IBM Director Rack Manager to conveniently configure and monitor rack components and provide health information.
|IBM Remote Deployment Manager
- Simplifies and automates deployment and redeployment for efficient installation and setup of your blade servers.
- Perform deployment tasks via the network that previously required a visit to each system, saving your administrator valuable time.
- Supports Wake on LAN® and Pre-boot eXecution (PXE)-enabled products.
|Light path diagnostics self-diagnosis panel
- LEDs, located on the front and rear of the system, provide a quick and easy guide to troubleshoot your server to help provide more availability and faster system uptime.
|Predictive Failure Analysis
- Helps save you time and money by decreasing unplanned downtime.
- Helps increase uptime by allowing you to receive proactive alerts and take corrective action, in advance of actual hardware failure.
|Airborne Contaminant Filter
- The IBM Airborne Contaminant Filter helps protect the blade server’s vital components in non-data center environments.
|3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty
- IBM Global Services organization provides reliable, dedicated and skilled assistance when you need it.
- Provides peace of mind for an extended period of time.