Big business requires lean infrastructure built on innovation that changes the way business is done. Innovation that lets you:
Learn how IBM Flex System clients are deriving even more savings and going beyond blade servers through innovation that enables higher utilisation, improved performance and efficient management.
IBM Flex System: The game changer
Innovation that transforms business.
IBM Flex System
Custom-build infrastructure to your requirements
You need an infrastructure solution that goes beyond blade servers with a flexible architecture to support your business needs today, but also designed to support multiple generations of future technologies. You need simple, integrated management to keep operational costs down, but you also want a no-compromise design with long-term investment protection.
Starting with an innovative chassis designed for new levels of simplicity, reliability, and upgradability, IBM Flex System can help you go beyond blade servers. With a broad range of x86 and IBM POWER compute nodes, the Flex System V7000 storage node, enhanced networking capabilities and sophisticated system management capabilities, you can upgrade your existing blade server infrastructure and make your IT simpler, more flexible, more open, and more efficient.
Browse IBM Flex System elements
Whether you need to migrate an existing blade server infrastructure to simplify management and improve performance and flexibility, or implement new workloads, IBM Flex System can meet your needs.
Spotlight on IBM Flex System
Dare to compare
Find out how Cisco’s UCS compares to IBM Flex System.
Dare to compare
Why IBM Flex System is the best blade solution on the market.
IBM Flex System x240 delivers virtualisation performance over the competition.
IBM Flex System
IBM Flex System Manager for Android, Blackberry and iOS.
Go beyond blade servers with IBM Flex System
Compute nodes that go beyond blade servers
Networking capabilities designed for virtualisation and cloud
- Flex System Fabric, designed to help simplify connectivity of your LAN and SAN infrastructure
- Ethernet options to fit into your current infrastructure while supporting next generation capabilities - up to 200 percent more networking bandwidth than HP3
- Fibre Channel switches ranging from low-cost 8Gb solutions to highly scalable 16Gb switches for maximum performance
- InfiniBand switches and adapters to support the bandwidth and latency requirements for high performance computing and financial trading environments
Storage capabilities optimised for efficiency and performance
- Up to 300 percent more dedicated storage for compute nodes compared to Dell2
- Real-time Compression on the Flex System v7000 (US) reduces capacity needs and IBM Easy Tier automatically optimises data on the tiered storage in the node
The community speaks
"The NGS Collection for Pipeline Pilot, combined with the IBM Application Ready Solution for Accelrys, provides a turnkey NGS analysis solution with all the required high performance hardware: General Parallel File System, high speed networking, and storage,to support our customers' most demanding workloads."
- Dr. Matt Hahn, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Accelrys
There are many more voices describing the benefits of IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System.
"It has been a pleasure to work with IBM, optimising our enterprise software running on the IBM Application Ready Solution for CLC bio platform. We are proud to offer this pre-configured, scalable high-performance infrastructure with integrated GPFS to all our clients with demanding computational workloads."
- Mikael Flensborg, Director of Global Partner Relations, CLC bio
"Initial testing with Gaussian 09 indicates that IBM Application Ready Solution offers excellent performance. When coupled with IBM's storage offerings, the Application Ready Solution brings capability to run very large Gaussian problems conveniently within reach of more end-users."
- Dr. Michael Frisch, President, Gaussian, Inc.
"While ANSYS is optimised for HPC performance, the task of selecting the appropriate hardware for specific workloads remains a bottleneck for customers. IBM Application Ready Solution for ANSYS should ensure that ANSYS applications perform optimally. The focus on application integration and engineering workflow, including remote 3D environments, will also add value for ANSYS customers seeking to boost engineering productivity. The combined solution should enable consideration of a greater number of high-fidelity simulations more rapidly and helps customers ensure that their products perform as expected in the real world."
- Barbara Hutchings, Director of Strategic Partnerships, ANSYS