- Virtualization built into the Power platform, not bolted on, ensures optimal utilization and management of resources, security and Enterprise Quality of Service (QOS)
- Open and extensible virtualization management and cloud solutions provide a scalable, adaptable and resilient foundation for public and private clouds
- Faster responsiveness to changing business demands by decreasing deployment times and increasing agility with automated management, provisioning and service delivery
- Improved customer satisfaction with an easy to use self-service portal and standardized service catalogue to provide consistent, reliable and responsive service delivery
- Cost transparency and the ability for IT to direct costs back to the business using insight into resource utilization.
As the world changes and IT plays an increasingly critical role, businesses and governments are seeking to respond more quickly to changing business demands by transforming the way IT capabilities are delivered through improved operational efficiency. Cloud computing can improve asset utilization, workload optimization and service delivery while reducing complexity and delivering superb IT economics.
Traditional IT Infrastructure presents challenges on many levels. IT organizations are typically:
- Struggling with rapid data growth, regulatory compliance, information integrity and security concerns – all while trying to control continuously rising IT costs
- Inflexible in the face of rapid, unprecedented changes in markets, service demands and stakeholder expectations
- Composed of computing silos that create an infrastructure disconnected from the priorities of the business
- Static islands of computing resources which result in inefficiencies and underutilized assets.