The demand for smarter solutions that leverage large volumes of data is pushing enterprises to deliver higher service levels with 24x7 availability, security, and scale, especially as they invest in new service delivery models like cloud. The new IBM zEnterprise® EC12 has up to 50% more total system capacity, new innovations like IBM zAware, security hardened into its architecture, and continued support for a hybrid infrastructure, while maintaining core workload strategies of data serving and transaction processing.
- Next generation IBM zEnterprise® System offers a proven hybrid computing design able to manage workloads on multiple platforms, with the simplicity of a single system
- New 5.5 GHz processors deliver increased performance and cross platform virtualization solutions to help address server sprawl
- Industry’s premier enterprise infrastructure supports today’s smarter computing solutions
- Cutting edge pattern recognition analytics for smart monitoring of system health and faster problem resolution
- New options for physical planning, such as non-raised floor and overhead I/O and power, provide increased flexibility for disaster recovery solutions
Business innovation is about transforming business processes, technologies, products and services to enable growth and gain competitive edge. In facilitating innovation, successful organizations examine their existing business model and the IT infrastructure required to support it. Typically there is a mix of technology—each designed to provide the best support for each workload and/or business process. Being heterogeneous makes sense, as long as there are no issues with management and integration. The IBM zEnterprise® System (zEnterprise) offers a proven hybrid computing design that can help you manage and integrate workloads on multiple architectures with the simplicity of a single system.
The newest member of the zEnterprise family is the zEnterprise EC12 (zEC12), designed to deliver new levels of performance and capacity for large scale consolidation and growth, support for the next generation of digital signature security support, cutting edge pattern recognition analytics for smart monitoring of system health, and new environmental capabilities such as the new non raised floor option. In addition, the zEC12 supports heterogeneous platform requirements with the new IBM zEnterprise BladeCenter® Extension (zBX) Model 003 and IBM zEnterprise Unified Resource Manager for extending management strengths to other systems and workloads running on AIX® on POWER7®, Linux on IBM System x® and Microsoft Windows on IBM System x servers.
We're here to help
- Easy ways to get the answers you
- E-mail us
Or call us at: 1800 557 343
Web code: AU1BB01W
Mon - Fri,
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. AEST
Browse System z
The new zEnterprise
The secure cloud for data, enabling enterprises to improve service to their customers
Enterprise EC12 demo
Learn about the features and capabilities of the new