- Enable IT your way - Based on open standards, a single architecture for compute, storage and acceleration to support a variety of workloads. All delivered your way: pre-integrated or roll your own
- Deliver elegant simplicity – Simple architecture features independent, self-sufficient servers with no single point of contention across the entire system
- Achieve extreme scalability – Designed to be run and managed at any scale, the system enables you to start small and scale rapidly as needed.
- Scale system to grow along with data centre (DC) needs in order to protect and maximise IT investments
- Create flexible, mix-and-match configurations of servers, chassis, networking switches and cables that integrate easily into standard 19-inch racks
- Significantly enhance density while helping to lower power and cooling costs – without sacrificing performance.
There is no end in sight to growing data and computing requirements – which poses a serious challenge for space-constrained data centres (DC). Also challenging for today’s organisations is the need to perform a larger number and variety of functions – without increasing budgets. IBM® NeXtScale System, an economical addition to the IBM System x family, offers an innovative approach to maximum usable density. Optimised to handle a number of workloads, all demanding agility, NeXtScale System helps drive business velocity by providing rapid procurement, deployment and flexible options. This simple, yet powerful, system can handle applications ranging from technical computing, to grid deployments, to analytics workloads, to large-scale cloud and virtualisation infrastructures.
Designed with industry-standard, off-the-shelf components, this general-purpose platform enables users to create a flexible, mix-and-match offering with compute, storage and acceleration via graphics processing unit (GPU) or Intel® Xeon® Phi coprocessor. Customised solutions can be configured to provide application-appropriate platform with choice of servers, networking switches, adapters and racks.
- Single architecture based on open standards supports compute, storage and acceleration to support a variety of workloads
- Platform features independent, self-sufficient servers with no single point of contention across the entire system
- Designed to be run and managed at any scale, the system enables users to start small and scale rapidly as needed
- Dense 6U chassis contains 12 bays for compute, storage and acceleration servers
- Shared six power supply units and 10 hot-swap fans for chassis
- 1 fan and power controller in chassis
- Servers are half-wide 1U form factor
- Servers contain up to two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 Series processors
- Eight IBM® Double Data Rate-3 (DDR3) memory
- Storage Native Expansion Tray provides seven additional 3.5-inch serial attached SCSI (SAS)/serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) hard disk drives (HDDs), up to 32 terabyte (TB) maximum capacity per server
- Local storage provides one 3.5-inch, two 2.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs or four 1.8-inch solid state drives (SSD)
- Two high-powered graphics processing units (GPU) and/or Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessors supported per server