- Helps reduce costs with lower power consumption, consolidation and space reduction
- Supports media partitioning on LTO™ Ultrium™ 5 Media and new IBM Long Term File System technology
- Nearly doubles the cartridge capacity of previous-generation LTO Ultrium 4 drives
- Designed to provide greater capacity and performance to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
Our world has become more instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. In this new environment, where storage requirements are doubling every one to two years, smarter midsize companies strive to store, archive and retrieve information efficiently, while driving down IT costs. You need to protect and secure the information, meet compliance requirements and make your information available when you need it.
The IBM® System Storage™ TS2350 Tape Drive Express—part of the entry-level IBM System Storage tape product family—supports these needs by leveraging the newest generation of Linear Tape-Open™ ( LTO) technology to help cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
The TS2350 Tape Drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rate than previous generation. In addition, the IBM Ultrium 5 technology is designed to support media partitioning, and the new IBM Long Term File System technology. It also continues to support encryption of data and WORM media.
- Features the new IBM Ultrium 5 Tape Drive
- Supports partitioning on Ultrium 5 Media and the new IBM Long Term File System technology
- IBM Ultrium 5 technology continues to support encryption of data and WORM operations
- Adheres to the widely supported LTO specification, which promotes standardization and allows for multiple media and drive providers
- Designed to provide higher capacity to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
- Compatible with major operating systems and ISV applications
- Uses advanced technologies designed to optimize throughput, increase cartridge capacity and provide superior data protection
- Maximum Storage Capacity up to 3.0TB with 2:1 compression
- Native data transfer rate of 140MBps
- Adheres to widely supported Linear Tape-Open (LTO) standards
- 6 Gbps SAS connectivity available
- Dual SAS port and one Ethernet port
- New enclosure design allows two units to be mounted side by side in a 19-inch IBM server rack
- External stand-alone or rack mountable unit