- Automatic failover with notification - designed to support data availability for an unavailable filer and notify an administrator of failover
- Manual failover and giveback - designed to enable planned maintenance on a filer while avoiding impact to data availability; administrators can control when to restore a clustered filer to its normal state
- Non-impacting failover - designed to avoid impact of a failover to end users so they can continue to access data in the same way after a failover
Now that you've built your SAN, you're finding it increasingly difficult to manage. Hosts from one vendor, storage devices from another, different operating systems, different file systems, different access methods - all of this creating a complexity you are not prepared for.
We have the answer. IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center for Fabric is a comprehensive management solution for multi-vendor SANs. It includes automatic resource and topology discovery, monitoring and alerts, zone control and SAN error prediction capabilities. Productivity Center for Fabric is an enterprise scalable solution architected to ANSI SAN standards, allowing you to choose best of breed products for your storage infrastructure. Productivity Center for Fabric is designed to help you:
- Simplify the task of SAN management and configuration
- Maintain SAN availability
- Improve SAN ROI
Advanced Provisioning IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center for Fabric is an integral piece of the IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center with Advanced Provisioning solution and is designed to allow you to automate capacity provisioning capabilities through automated workflows.
The IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center for Fabric includes many advanced features to help simplify SAN Management.
- Automatic device discovery is designed to enable you to easily manage your SANs from a single console.
- Real time monitoring and alerts are designed to help you maintain data access on your SAN
- Zone Control is designed to give you comprehensive fabric management from a single console by giving you the ability to add and remove devices from zones.
- SAN Error Predictor is designed to help you maintain high SAN availability by intelligently predicting a SAN link level failure before it occurs.
- Enterprise Scalability accommodates new and ever changing business needs by scaling from SAN islands to Enterprise SANs