- Simplify management with leading-edge graphical user interface (GUI)
- Boost performance up to three times using only five percent flash storage with optional IBM Easy Tier technology1
- Consolidate and provide IBM Storwize V5000 capabilities to existing storage infrastructures using optional external virtualisation
- Improve network utilisation for remote mirroring with innovative replication technology
- Easily customise your storage system with flexible software options.
Organisations of all sizes are faced with a tidal wave of data coming from myriad new sources, including sensors, social media, mobile platforms and more. While the sheer volume of this new data may seem overwhelming, the value of information is stronger than ever – some even consider it the new currency of business. To help maximise the benefits of growing amounts of data, businesses are turning to software-defined environments, which can provide flexibility and responsiveness to business demands – along with higher scalability and greater efficiency.
The IBM® Storwize family is the primary IBM storage solution for supporting software-defined environments and virtual infrastructures. Storwize V5000, the latest addition to the family, is a virtualised, flexible, easy-to-use solution that enables midsized organisations with complex storage and scalability needs to overcome storage challenges. As an intermediate offering, Storwize V5000 is designed to help consolidate and provide new capabilities to existing storage infrastructures. Because of its flexible licensing options, Storwize V5000 is simple to deploy with complementary storage solutions, such as IBM ProtecTIER.
- Graphical user interface (GUI)
- Dual clustering
- IBM Easy Tier
- Storage virtualisation
- Thin provisioning
- Metro Mirror and Global Mirror
- IBM FlashCopy
- Dynamic migration
- Web-based GUI provides point-and-click management capabilities to enhance IT productivity
- Enables scaling both up and out to accommodate performance and capacity requirements
- Provides automatic migration of frequently accessed data elements to high performing flash storage
- Enables existing IBM and non-IBM storage to integrate with Storwize V5000 systems, where it inherits Storwize advantages and capabilities
- Supports business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used
- Allows synchronous or asynchronous data replication between any Storwize family offerings for maximum flexibility and backup efficiency
- Storwize family remote mirroring supports Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and IP (Ethernet) networking between sites
- Creates a near-instant copy of active data that can be used for backup or for parallel processing activities; supports recovery of corrupted data
- Provides nondisruptive migration to speed implementation and minimise disruption
1 IBM lab measurements – August 2010.