- Based on 6 gigabits per second (Gbps) serial attached SCSI (SAS) interface connectivity, IBM® System Storage EXP2500 Express provides an affordable external disk solution for direct attachment to IBM System x and IBM BladeCenter servers via ServeRAID controllers
- Get flexible support for high-performance and nearline disk drives, as well as solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Improve scalability with a high-density 2U enclosure that supports up to twelve 3.5 in. disk drives on IBM System Storage EXP2512 Express and twenty-four 2.5 in. disk drives on IBM System Storage EXP2524 Express
- Deliver high availability (HA) and reliability with dual-AC power supplies and fans
- Achieve superior price-to-performance ratios for direct-attached storage
- Expand capacity by intermixing IBM System Storage EXP2500 systems in a single enclosure
- Utilise power supplies designed to meet multiple power efficiency standards
- Integrate seamlessly with IBM System x and IBM BladeCenter servers
IBM has combined best-of-breed development with leading 6 gigabits per second (Gbps) host interface and drive technology in the IBM System Storage EXP2500 Express, a cost-effective, fully integrated complement to IBM System x and IBM BladeCenter servers. Offering substantial improvements at a price that will fit most budgets, the EXP2500 Express delivers superior price-to-performance ratios, functionality, scalability and ease-of-use for the entry-level storage user.
Easy to manage, flexible and extendable, IBM System Storage EXP2500 Express is designed to work as a direct-attached external
disk storage solution
for IBM System x and IBM BladeCenter servers using ServeRAID controllers. EXP2500 Express helps organisations enhance capacity seamlessly to address their current and future data needs.