- Cisco Nexus 5020 provides up to 56 ports: 40 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and FCoE ports and 16 optional Fibre Channel (FC) ports
- Cisco Nexus 5010 provides up to 28 ports: 20 fixed 10 GbE and FCoE ports and 8 optional FC ports
- Three expansion modules support 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps) Ethernet, 10 Gbps FCoE and 4, 2, 1 Gbps FC ports
- Enterprise-class availability features such as hot-swappable, field replaceable, redundant power supplies, redundant fan modules and port expansion modules
- Streamlines management by utilising Cisco Fabric Manager Suite.
As organisations evolve towards a dynamic infrastructure, they need new ways to reduce the complexity of their environments. To address this challenge, IBM offers versatile Cisco switches that support FC, Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) and FCoE to help data centres simplify their growing infrastructures.
The Cisco Nexus 5010 for IBM System Storage and Cisco Nexus 5020 for IBM System Storage FCoE switches help reduce costs through data centre infrastructure simplification. A unified fabric over 10 GbE for server Local Area Network (LAN) and Storage Area Network (SAN) traffic enables consolidation of server adapters, cables and top-of-rack (TOR) switches by up to 50 percent.
- Ports and power connections are at the rear, closer to server ports, helping keep cable lengths as short and efficient as possible
- IEEE Data Centre Bridging (DCB) features for lossless transmission, priority flow control and enhanced transmission selection
- Standards-based FCoE protocol preserves existing FC network management models and tools, helping protect investments in software and staff training
- Unified Fabric designed to consolidate all data centre input/output (I/O) onto Layer 2 Ethernet and reduce capital and operating costs by reducing the number of server adapters, cables and upstream switches needed
- Server I/O consolidation reduces energy consumption by eliminating the need for separate FC adapters, cables and switches
- Consistent management is provided through consistency of both Cisco NX-Operating System (OS) Software and Cisco MDS 9000 SAN-OS Software management models and tools
- Multiprotocol switches with 10 Gbps FCoE, 10 Gbps CEE, traditional 1, 10 Gbps Ethernet ports and optional 1, 2 and 4 Gbps FC ports
- Cisco Nexus 5010 for IBM System Storage provides eight 1, 10 GbE and 12 10 GbE fixed ports with one expansion module slot
- Cisco Nexus 5020 for IBM System Storage provides 16 1, 10 GbE and 24 10 GbE fixed ports with two expansion module slots
- Expansion modules include eight 1, 2, 4 Gbps FC ports; four 10 GbE and four 1, 2, 4 Gbps FC ports; six 10 GbE ports
- 10 GbE ports are capable of transporting both storage and LAN traffic – eliminating the need for separate server SAN and LAN adapters and cables
- Dual speed 1, 10 GbE ports help provide a smooth transition to 10 GbE.