Advanced Technical Sales
|Abstract: The zCP3000 VM Extract Utility (CP3KVMXT) reads CP Monitor data and generates an Enterprise Data File (EDF) of PR/SM, system image, and workload related measurements for input into zCP3000 and/or zPCR. It supports VM running as native or in a partition. It can be used to model interactive VM workloads or workloads under guest operating systems such as Linux.|
|The CPS Tools on this webpage are only authorized for IBM employees and Certified IBM Business Partners. IBM Customers only have access to zPCR, zBNA, and zSoftCap which are obtained using publicly available websites.
|Product Name: |
|Product Version: |
|Operating System: |
|Change Date: |
|Approximate Size: |
|Click to download the tool|
|Click to view User Guide|
The zCP3000 VM Extract Utility (CP3KVMXT) reads CP Monitor data and generates an Enterprise Data File (EDF) of system and workload related measurements for input into zCP3000. It supports VM running as native or in a partition. It can be used to model interactive VM workloads or workloads under guest operating systems such as Linux.
Note: The CP3KVMXT executable downloads from the http://www.vm.ibm.com/download website, which posts changes a few days earlier than Techdocs. It is possible that the Techdocs web page changes and user's guide will lag behind the CP3KVMXT executable.
And others, since March 2004.
- 23 May 2018 v2.8d - 3 digit GHZ, new PAGEMB; maxpu vector; parked IFL problem
- 17 Apr 2018 v2.8c - sampsSIO error; CPUMF CFVN=3 for z14
- 5 Mar 2018 v2.8b - identify SVM userids; specex VM65396 fields; maxpu field
- 16 Feb 2018 v2.8a - impossible WEXCPV; new CPUMF prbt; very large machine config
- 7 Dec 2017 v2.7o - abs capping field added; SMT thread density; z14 cpumf change
- 20 Oct 2017 v2.7n - cputime problem w/ dedicated cps on 6.4
- 10 Aug 2017 v2.7m - z14 CPUMF; multiple mondata file input; vary on processor fix
- 16 May 2017 v2.7l - filemode B is referenced in error
- 3 Mar 2017 v2.7k - bad SMTEFFML; z/VM 6.4 fix; MDCCS fix; z13 RNI fix
CP3KVMXT & Prereq Installation:
Planning and Design
IBM System z Software
CP3KVMXT, z/VM, VM, EDF, zCP3000, CP3000, Capacity Planning, CPUMF, zPCR, monitor
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?