Advanced Technical Sales
IBM Z; z Systems
|Abstract: The CP3KEXTR program reads SMF records and extracts data needed as input to IBM's Processor Capacity Reference (zPCR) and z Systems Batch Network Analyzer (zBNA) tools. CP3KEXTR is offered as a "No Charge" application.|
|Product Name: |
zBNA and zPCR
|Product Version: |
|Operating System: |
|Change Date: |
|Approximate Size: |
|Click on the icon to download package|
|Click on the icon to view User's Guide|
Version 07/03/18 (v3.82)
- Do ChpID selection based on R744FPCM bitmask
- Add FIDP ChpID list (taken from R744FIDP)
- Delete cluster name vector, LPCL
- Correct instance with wrong count for: LPWLMCx and LPWLMDx
- Fix case where E224, E225, & E226 vectors could have the wrong count
- Fix CPU-type matching logic for CpuPWait calculation
Version 05/28/18 (v3.79)
- New CEC section vector MaxPU
- New 113 vectors: GHZ, E224, E225, E226
- New 113 vector: LPARCPU = 1/CPSP/1mil * B0/ IntSec * 100
- New 70(1) vectors: PAGEMB, SCMTL, SCMMA, FR1RN, FRCAM, FRL7M, CSMINV
- Remove unused 70(1) SWTOT item
- Remove unused SIO, SPAGE, SSTOR items from SAMP section
Version 04/10/18 (v3.75)
- Fix divide error when BCURDBR was 0
- Fix case where EFD vector would fail to include zero elements
Version 02/28/18 (v3.73)
- Add new vectors to report hardware group capping
- Fix 42(6) DATA file case where certain hyperlink fields were repeated
- Add new FCPI and PRBT vectors
- Detect case where type 70 CPU Data Section count is zero
- Add code to suppress EDF null SR parameter to space
- Add vector ABSMSUCP to indicate when absolute MSU capping is active
Version 12/04/17 (v3.62)
- Add new SMTEFFTDP vector for average thread density.
- Fixed case where counts were repeated in the SysId list.
- Make adjustments to the FICON Aggregation analysis.
- Adjusted the CPU MF L4LP formula.
- Refactored code in the cp2kExtr module.
- Added HyperLink and micro-second fields to DATA file.
Version 09/20/17 (v3.59)
Version 08/09/17 (v3.55)
- Blank DATA file ORDSENC field if encryption data is not present.
- Confirm presence of type 42(6) encryption fields.
- Remove message 273, EX72: R723CICT INVALID (WIORESPV) MSEC PER I/O > 1000.
- Delete unused vectors, LpwTZn, TI, TL, TT, TN,TX.
- Fix CF section case where key values were set to zero.
- Fix cache fields with invalid number of entries.
- Fix missing cache fields BCURDBR & BCUWRBR.
- Fix EDF Load failure due to incorrect EFC vector count.
- Fix SMF type 113 processing for z13 (message SMF113_2_CTRVN2 NOT = 1-5).
- Add 4 EDF “TLB Miss Rate” vectors based on type 113 counters.
- Update other CPU MF Formulas based on type 113 counters.
- Add 9 EDF vectors to CFE section with SMF 74.4 CF Encryption data.
- Add 8 DATA file fields with SMF 42.6 data for zBNA encryption analysis.
- Add 4 vectors to BCU section with SMF 74.5 Cache Control Unit data.
- Add a new EDF vector with updated SIIS percentage calculation.
- Fixed the BCUR and BCURV read percent calculations
Version 04/27/17 (v3.35)
- Switch five 42.6 DATA items to usec units.
- Rewrite the storage allocation routine.
Version 03/01/17 (v3.33)
- Change the z13 RNI factor from 2.6 to 2.3.
- Reassign 3 GetMain calls to the internal utility to fix a glitch for Phil & Jim.
- Change the EDF L1MP vector to 2 decimals and EFA & EFB to 3 decimals.
- Fix the save=sort=run processing to include type 14 & 15 records.
- Add a new vector PMAnn= containing SMF70PMA data.
- Add the SMF14NTU field to the DATA file.
- Fix the case where a large R744SSIZ value was getting truncated.
- Fix the case where a wrong SYSID was placed in the PGNMAP.
Version 10/26/16 (v3.26)
- Auto-generate zeros for missing vector entries.
- Remove use of 64-bit instruction to accommodate an older machine.
- Change WCDUR to be a weighted average.
- In the EDF FS section, fix the case where a CFLINKS value greater than 256 is truncated.
Version 08/08/16 (v3.20)
- To support FICON aggregation, add new PCHID item.
- Adjust vector SMF30CSU to use 8-byte SMF30CSU_L when available.
- New WORK vect R723CDUR - Period duration in weighted service units.
Processor version code tables were updated to include the z13s.
- New fields to the zBNA DATA001 output:
- S42DSIOSE Flag to indicate that S42DSIOS field is present in the SMF record.
- S42DSIOS the number of read/write operations to the Metro Mirror secondary
- S42FICON flag if there are non-zero values in either S42DSHRD or S42DSHWR
- New LPPCSnn vector for SMF70CSF Central Storage by LPAR.
- Small fix for unusual 113 data.
- New DATA001 field, WAITINIT, for seconds waiting to start on initiator.
- New field, LPWLMDnn, is the number of samples where WLM did capping.
- Fix for field, LPWLMCnn, is the number of samples where WLM considered capping.
- Fix for BCUMAP; also updated so that non Disk control unit LCUs are not combined.
Fix for the problem when with large LPAR configurations, zIIPs are occasionally misinterpreted to be dedicated; leading to negative utilizations.
Fixed the problem when the input file contains SMF Type 113 records from multiple generations, i.e. z13 and z12 or z196.
- Includes two additional SMT vectors, SMTEFFMP and SMTEFFMC.
- These values are zero until SMT is active.
- SMTEFFMC will not be available until general purpose processors include SMT; for now, it is a place holder.
- Fixed the ESS data issue with the SMF 74 subtype 8 records.
- Other miscellaneous fixes.
1. Enhanced to avoid messages regarding missing 113 problem counters.
2. Corrected the problem when the groups in the group capacity table extended to a second line.
3. When there are invalid SMF Type 14 records, they will not be included in the .dat input file to zBNA.
4. Add support for two zIIP SMT fields, SMTEFFP and SMTEFFC.
- These values are zero until SMT is active.
- SMTEFFC will not be available until GCPs do SMT; for now, it is a place holder.
- Add support for z13 CPU MF data (113 data).
- Small change to zEC12 113 calculation.
CP3KEXTR Install Instructions:
- The IBM z Systems (z13) processor family has been added, with 231 General Purpose models (90 slugged and 141 full-speed) and 141 IFL models. Various drawer configurations provide up to 141 real CPs, which can be configured as General Purpose, zIIP, IFL, or ICF engines. The processor designation is 2964-7xx for full speed models, and 2964-4xx, -5xx, or 6xx for slugged models.
- LSPR data is now based on z/OS-2.1 (formerly z/OS-1.13).
- Fix for SMF 113 processing.
- Add new field, FPCM, to the CF section (R744FPCM).
MVS; OS/390; z/OS
IBM z Systems, CPS Tools, zBNA, zPCR, CP3KEXTR, RMF, SMF Records
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?