Advanced Technical Sales
IBM Business Process Manager
|Abstract: This white paper provides easy step-by-step instructions to configure IBM Business Process Manager Advanced for z/OS V8.5: Process Server and a Process Center on Linux for System z.|
The attached spreadsheet and WebSphere Customization Toolbox (WCT) can create the job streams, artifacts, and instructions to perform this configuration with a minimum number of steps. A WebSphere network deployment manager and managed nodes are all created and configured with IBM BPM by this automated process.
Also included is a spreadsheet and document to configure a BPM V.8.5 Process Center on zLinux.
The "Business Process Manager V8.5" Wildfire Class (ZBPM8) provides a 2.5 - day workshop to configure BPM:Process Sever on z/OS. Enroll via your IBM Rep. who can contact Judy Keute via email: Judith Vadnais/Poughkeepsie/IBM or (email@example.com)
|Use these Slides and Spreadsheets to define the environment-specific customization variables for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V8.5 with IBM Business Process Manager Advanced for z/OS V8.5.|
Here is an outline of the steps:
1. Output documents produced by the spreadsheet:
2. Use the IBM Installation Manager to install and configure the WCT with the IBM BPM extension (zWBI.wct).
- Installation response files (Deployment Manager, Empty Nodes)
- BPMConfig properties files and Database definitions
3. Use the WCT to generate the jobs to create the BPM "Stacked" Environment for:
4. Run the Deployment Manager Configuration Jobs including BPZAUGD to augment IBM BPM, and job BPZCNFGD to create the Cluster (but no cluster members).
- Deployment Manager with IBM BPM
- Custom node with IBM BPM
5. Create the required databases and tables using the generated DDL and scripts.
6. Define the RACF STARTED and SERVER Classes for the new server.
7. Run the Configuration Jobs for the Empty Node including BPZAUGN to augment BPM. Then Federate the node to the Deployment Manager.
8. Run the BPZCNFGD job to create the cluster members.
9. Re-synchronize the entire Cell. (Stop and re-start all Started tasks.)
10. For the Advanced configuration, run the bootstrapProcessServerData.sh script.
Process Center on Linux:
- Use these Slides and Spreadsheets to define the environment-specific customization variables for the IBM BPM V8.5 Process Center:
Installation and Migration
WebSphere; IBM System z Software
BPM, Business Process Manager, z/OS, IBM, V8.5, 8.5
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?