Advanced Technical Sales
# 3956; # 3957; # 3957-V06; Virtualization Engine; Virtualization Engine TS7700
|Abstract: This paper provides performance information for the IBM Virtualization Engine™ TS7720 and TS7740, which are the two current products in the TS7700 Virtualization Engine family of products. This paper is intended for use by IBM field personnel and their customers in designing virtual tape solutions for their applications. This is an update to the previous TS7700 paper dated January 30, 2013 and reflects changes for release 3.0, which introduces the new disk cache models 3956-CS9 for TS7720 and 3956-CC9 for TS7740.|
Cache throughput for the CS9/CC9 has improved over the CS8/CC8 and thus significantly increases performance runs which are limited by disk cache throughput.
This paper is published in two different R 3.0 minor versions. Contents for each version are:
- Standalone TS7720 with VEA or VEB server and CS8 or CS9 cache.
- Standalone TS7740 with V06 or V07 server and CC8 or CC9 cache
- Grid configurations with 4x1Gb links.
- Some grid configuration with 2x10Gb links.
- More grid configurations with 2x10Gb links.
- Performance vs. premigration drives.
- Performance vs. data compression.
- Copy Performance over distance.
IBM System Storage
TS7700, TS7720, TS7740, 7700, 7720, 7740, virtualization engine, 3957, 3956
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?