Advanced Technical Sales
WebSphere Process Server; z/OS
|Abstract: This white paper provides easy step-by-step instructions to configure IBM Business Process Manager Advanced for z/OS V8: Process Server and a Process Center on Linux for System z.|
Use the attached spreadsheet and WebSphere Customization Toolbox (WCT) to create the job streams, artifacts, and instructions to perform this configuration with a minimum number of steps.
A WebSphere network deployment manager and managed nodes are all created and configured with IBM BPM by this automated process.
(Updated February 6, 2013 for BPM Version 8.0.1.)
Also included is a spreadsheet and document to configure a BPM V.8 Process Center on zLinux.
See the following Wildfire Class which provides a 2-day workshop to configure BPM on z/OS:
ZBPM8 - "Business Process Manager V8"
Enroll via your IBM Rep. who can contact Judy Vadnais-Keute via email: Judith Vadnais/Poughkeepsie/IBM or (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See techdoc PRS5030 for copies of the workshop materials.
|Use these Slides and Spreadsheets to define the environment specific customization variables for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS V8 with IBM Business Process Manager Advanced for z/OS V8.|
Process Server on z/OS:
Here is an outline of the steps:
Note: There are separate spreadsheets for BPM V8.0.0 and 8.0.1 - Don't use the V8.0.1 spreadsheet for V8.0.0.
- Output documents produced by the spreadsheet:
- Installation response files (Deployment Manager, Empty Nodes)
- Deployment Environment document for the DE wizard
- Database design files and Database definitions
- Use the Install IBM Installation Manager to install and configure the WCT with the BPM extension (WBI.wct)
- Use the WCT to generate the jobs to create the BPM "Stacked" Environment for:
- Deployment Manager
- Custom node
- Run the Deployment Manager Configuration Jobs including BPZAUGD to augment BPM
- Create the required database and tables using the generated DDL and scripts
- Define the RACF STARTED and SERVER Classes for the new server
- Run the Configuration Jobs for the Empty Node including BPZAUGN to augment BPM, Then Federate it to the DMgr
- Use the Deployment Environment: Create Single Cluster topology using the deploy file from the spreadsheet
- Update Process Server configuration with using the WpsUpdate.py script.
- Re-synchronize the entire Cell (Stop and re-start all Started tasks.)
- Bootstrap Process Server database using the bootstrapProcessServerData.sh
Process Center on Linux:
Use these Slides and Spreadsheets to define the environment-specific customization variables for the BPM V8 Process Center:
Updated 18 Feb 2013: WP102075_C1Cell_Installation_801.pdf
IBM System z Family
BPM, Business Process Manager, V8, z/OS, WebSphere, Process Server, Process Center
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?