Advanced Technical Sales
DASD; DS3000; DS3200; DS3400; DS3500; DS4000; DS4700; DS4800; DS5000; DS5020; DS5100; DS5300; DS6000; DS8000; DS8300; DS8700; DS8800; i5 520; i5 550; i5 570; i5 595; N series; NAS; OS/400; Power5; POWER6; POWER7; Power 750; Power 770; Power 780; Power 795; Power Systems I/O; SAN Volume Controller; VIOS; XIV storage systems
|Abstract: The "IBM i POWER External Storage Support Matrix Summary" provides you with a quick summary of all IBM supported external storage - native attached (fiber direct or SAN) or virtualized (PowerVM VIOS), and how it can be used. For non-IBM storage on IBM i, please contact the 3rd party vendor to determine support.|
- September 2, 2014 - Clarified DS8000 support
- August 19, 2014 - Minor typographical errors fixed.
- August 6, 2014 - Updated to include July 15, 2014 announcements.
- June 30, 2014 - Updated IBM i 7.2 DS8000 model support
- June 6, 2014 - Major revision, POWER8 and IBM i 7.2 information added. Previous version retained below.
- January 17, 2014 - added clarification for direct support 20140117.pdf
- December 3, 2013 - Updated V3500 support indicators
- September 23, 2013 - Flash Systems support and additional clarifications
- August 6, 2013 - additional support clarifying statements
- June 6, 2013 - inclusion of May, 2013 announcements and support clarification
Planning and Design
IBM Power Systems; IBM System i Family; IBM System Storage
i5/OS; IBM i; OS/400
DS8000, V7000, DS5000, DS4000, DS3000, DS6000, IBM i storage, IBM i external storage, IBM i, i5/OS, OS/400, storage, SVC, XIV, V3700, DS8870
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?