Accelerate with ATS: Ten things for the new TPC-SE Administrator to do to make TPC 4.1.1 more valuable.
John L Hollis
Advanced Technical Sales
TotalStorage Productivity Center for Disk; TotalStorage Productivity Center Standard Edition
Abstract: Ten Things for the new TPC Administrator to do to make TPC 4.1.1 more useful.
The webinar will include:
• Use the Configuration Utility to verify everything is running as expected within TPC.
• Verify discovery, probes, scans and quotas are set to run regularly for all managed devices.
• Set key system-wide disk, data and fabric thresholds.
• Identify and define additional thresholds and reports to support two or three “loved ones.”
• Gather performance baselines.
• Regularly review the incoming alerts.
• Configure automatic Snapshots (then explore Change History).
• Test-drive Data Path Explorer, identify potential bottlenecks, look for puzzling paths (try this for your “loved ones” first).
• Create a volume report filtered on I/O Rate and Response Time.
• Use a thoughtful naming convention for MDGs/MDisks/VDisks/Volumes/Operating System Disk names.