Michael E Herrera
Advanced Technical Sales
|Abstract: IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX*, V6.1, V7.1 & V7.2 added support for the IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller (SVC) & Storwize Software at V7.3 FW and beyond and brought in SVC Native IP replication support and support for the Change Volume feature.|
Note - Storwize FW Support Flashes are specific to the support of the integrated offering with the PowerHA Enterprise Edition. For the Standard Edition & local clusters or for the Storwize Hyperswap configuration introduced at the 7.5 FW the HW qualification is not required.
|IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX Supports IBM System Storage SVC & Storwize Software|
Last Update: Jan 2019
IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX adds support for the IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller (SVC) & Storwize Software. This includes the High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) capabilities of
- IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX V6.1 (Out of Support- needs extended support) Enterprise Edition
- IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX V7.1.3 & V7.2.X Enterprise Editions.
This flash announces support for following SVC/Storwize versions and models:
- SVC & Storwize 220.127.116.11 (Supported on HA 7.2.X releases)
- SVC & Storwize 7.6
- SVC & Storwize 7.5
- SVC & Storwize 7.4
- SVC & Storwize 7.3
- Storwize V7000, V5000, and V3700 models
Storwize testing was tested and qualified with the following AIX/PowerHA levels:
- AIX 6.1 (Is out of support – customer needs to purchase extended support), AIX 7.1.4, AIX 7.2, AIX 7.2.1, AIX 7.2.2 SP2
Important: Please use the latest Service Packs for these PowerHA SystemMirror and AIX releases (Use Service Pack that is not older than 15 months)
This support is based on testing that included the following features (these features are not managed by PowerHA SystemMirror. They are configured directly by the administrator on the SVC/Storwize):
- SVC Feature: 'Change Volumes' facility of SVC Global Mirror. See configuration suggestions at bottom of this support announcement.
- SVC Feature: ‘Native IP Replication’ support from SVC.
This support includes FC-attach, VIOS/vSCSI, and VIOS/NPIV
Service can be obtained from the IBM Electronic Fix Distribution site at:
For questions or concerns, please send a note to HA Feedback at:
HA Solutions Feedback/Poughkeepsie/IBM or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Trademark or registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others
PS: Global Mirror Change Volume Support: Administrator can follow instructions in the following link to configure for Global Mirror Change Volume Support in SVC/Storwize:
Planning and Design
PowerHA SystemMirror San Volume Controller SVC 7.3
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?