Michael E Herrera
Advanced Technical Sales
|Abstract: IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX* V6.1 and V7.1 for AIX V7.1 add support for IBM AIX 5.2 Workload Partitions for AIX V7 (Compatibility WPARs).|
|IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX V6.1 and V7.1 adds Support for IBM AIX 5.2 Workload Partitions for AIX V7.1 |
January 21, 2011
IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX* V6.1 and V7.1 for AIX V7.1 add support for IBM AIX 5.2 Workload Partitions for AIX V7 (Compatibility WPARs).
It is recommended to obtain the latest service updates for this support.
Please refer to the following information for support details. The specified levels, or later, are required for this support.
PowerHA V7.1, SP2
PowerHA APAR IZ90890
PowerHA APAR IZ91056
AIX 7.1 TL0 SP2
AIX APAR IZ91004*
PowerHA V6.1, SP3
AIX V7.1 TL0 SP2
AIX APAR IZ91004*
The prerequisites for AIX 5.2 Workload partitions are as follows:
- Versioned WPARs only support POWER7® hardware.
- Versioned WPARs can be installed only on an AIX 7.1 operating system.
- The latest available, and supported version of AIX 5.2 is technology level (TL) 10, and service pack (SP) 8. Therefore, any backup image that is used to create an AIX 5.2 WPAR must be from an AIX 5.2 system running the latest version.
- PowerHA 7.1 support for Versioned WPAR is restricted to 32 Service IP addresses (per WPAR-enabled Resource Group).
- Mixed mode operation, where in some of the nodes of the WPAR-enabled resource group has Versioned WPAR software installed whereas some other nodes do not, shall not be supported by PowerHA.
- Cloning (via the PowerHA corrective action) of WPAR profile, shall not be supported for Versioned WPARs (in PowerHA).
- APAR IZ91004 is included in RSCT V126.96.36.199 SP4
- WPAR property changes do not take effect until the next time the resource group is brought on line
Service can be obtained from the IBM Electronic Fix Distribution site at:
For questions or concerns, please send a note to HA Feedback at:
HA Solutions Feedback/Poughkeepsie/IBM or email@example.com
*Trademark or registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Planning and Design
hacmp, powerha, wpar
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?