Michael E Herrera
Advanced Technical Sales
HACMP/ES; SAN Volume Controller
|Abstract: This document provides the detailed software levels needed to support SVC 4.2 Storage Software. This applies to both base HACMP and HACMP/XD.|
IBM HACMP/XD supports the IBM System Storage SVC Storage Software
September 5, 2007
IBM High Availability Cluster Multiprocessing (HACMP*) Extended Distance (XD) for AIX 5L*, V5.3 and V5.4 updates support for the IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Storage Software V4.2.
Please refer to the following information for support details.
Note: TL = Technology Level; CSP = Concluding Service Pack
+ These APARs are not yet generally available. Please contact IBM Support to obtain Ifix packages for these APARs.
++ These APARs will not be made generally available for AIX 5.2 TL 9 and AIX 5.3 TL 5. Please contact IBM Support to obtain Ifix packages for these APARs.
While not required for correct operation with SDDPCM, the configuration of Fast I/O Failure on fibre-channel devices is highly recommended. For information on configuring this feature refer to "StorageMultipath Subsystem Device Driver User’s Guide " at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssg1S7000303&aid=1 page 143
The AIX OS error daemon parameters should be tuned to avoid lost log entries (See documentation APAR IY75323 at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY75323 ). HACMP requires the buffer size be set to at least 1 MB and the log size to 10 MB. The following command can be used:
"errdemon -B 1048576 -s 10485760"
Restriction notes for Metro Mirror:
- An HACMP/XD and SVC Metro Mirror configuration with VIO is not currently supported.
- Although SVC Host Name Aliases are arbitrary, for HACMP's support of Metro Mirror they must match the node names used in the defined HACMP sites.
- Resource Groups to be managed by HACMP cannot contain volume groups with both Metro Mirror-protected and non-Metro Mirror-protected disks.
- HACMP does not support Global Mirror functions of SVC Copy Services. (support added in PowerHA/XD v5.5)
- HACMP V5.3 does not support moving resource groups across sites.
- For specific HACMP C-SPOC restrictions, refer to the "HACMP/XD for Metro Mirror: Planning and Administration Guide", page 73
- SDDPCM requires the configuration of Enhanced Concurrent Mode volume groups.
- SDD supports both Shared or Enhanced Concurrent Mode volume groups.
Request APARs from the IBM Electronic Fix Distribution site at:
For questions or concerns, please send a note to HA Feedback at:
HA Solutions Feedback/Poughkeepsie/IBM or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Trademark or registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Installation and Migration
IBM System p Family
hacmp, svc, xd, hacmp/xd
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?