Advanced Technical Sales
HACMP; HACMP/ES; SAN Volume Controller
|Abstract: IBM High Availability Cluster Multiprocessing (HACMP*) for AIX 5L*, V5.3 and V5.4 updates support for the IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Storage Software V4.1.|
June 14, 2007
IBM High Availability Cluster Multiprocessing (HACMP*) for AIX 5L*, V5.3 and
V5.4 updates support for the IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Storage
Please refer to the following table for support details.
Note: TL = Technology Level
AIX v5.2 TL 9 CSP
AIX v5.3 TL 4
AIX v5.3 TL 5
AIX v5.3 TL 5 CSP or higher
< not supported >
|<no APARs required>|
+ These APARs are not yet generally available. Please contact IBM Support to obtain Ifix packages for these APARs.
++ These APARs will not be made generally available for AIX 5.2 TL 9 and AIX 5.3 TL 5. Please contact IBM Support
to obtain Ifix packages for these APARs.
While not required for correct operation with SDDPCM, the configuration of Fast I/O Failure on fibre-channel devices is highly
recommended. For information on configuring this feature refer to "StorageMultipath Subsystem Device Driver User’s Guide " http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssg1S7000303&aid=1 page 143
The AIX OS error daemon parameters should be tuned to avoid lost log entries (See documentation APAR IY75323 athttp://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY75323) HACMP requires the buffer size be set to at least 1 MB
and the log size to 10 MB. The following command can be used: "errdemon -B 1048576 -s 10485760"
Restriction notes for Metro Mirror:
- An HACMP/XD and SVC Metro Mirror configuration with VIO is not currently supported.
- Although SVC Host Name Aliases are arbitrary, for HACMP's support of Metro Mirror, they must match the node names used in the defined HACMP sites.
- Resource Groups to be managed by HACMP cannot contain volume groups with both Metro Mirror-protected and non-Metro Mirror-protected disks.
- HACMP functions for resource group movement due to Selective Failover by the user is not yet supported across sites.
- HACMP does not support Global Mirror functions of SVC Copy Services.
- For specific HACMP C-SPOC restrictions, refer to the "HACMP/XD for Metro Mirror: Planning and Administration Guide", page 73.
- SDDPCM requires the configuration of Enhanced Concurrent Mode volume groups.
- SDD supports both Shared or Enhanced Concurrent Mode volume groups.
- Ensure your SVC is properly configured to support SDD/SDDPCM host multipathing. This involves adding all the WWWNs for a host's WWPN's into a single Host object on the SVC. For example, for an HACMP node name Node_A with 2 WWPNs of WWNN_1 and WWNN_2, run svctask mkhost -name Node_A -hbawwpn WWNN_1 WWNN_2
Request APARs from the IBM Electronic Fix Distribution site at:
For questions or concerns, please send a note to HA Feedback at:
HA Solutions Feedback/Poughkeepsie/IBM or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Trademark or registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Installation and Migration
IBM System p Family
HACMP, SVC, HACMP/XD, Metro Mirror
|Is this your first visit to Techdocs (the Technical Sales Library)?