- You must enter search criteria and/or a date filter.
- Search criteria are checked vs program name/number and document form/part number. Passport Advantage part numbers are not included.
- Upper/lower case of the search criteria is ignored.
- You can use AND, OR, and NOT to combine search criteria.
- Results are always shown with the most recent availability date first.
- The search bar in the masthead (black area at the top) performs the same search as in the search form except that no date filtering is included.
- If you get no documents found or a very large number found, try fine-tuning your search using one of the strategies below.
- When searching by program name, enter a part of the name likely to target the "hits" you want. See example 1 below.
- If you have a part or form number, e.g. from the announcement letter, other than the Passport Advantage part number, you can search for it. See examples 2 and 3 below.
- Use the date filter in conjunction with the search criteria to further reduce the number of hits if you know you are looking for something old or something recent. See example 4 below.
- Use the date filter by itself to see a list of all programs released during that period. See example 5 below.
- Use multiple search criteria (with date filtering if desired) to enhance your search. See examples 6 and 7 below.
- To find "IBM DB2 Universal Database Data Warehouse Enterprise Edition V8.2", search for "data warehouse" (without the quotes). This may find a few hits other than yours, but should give you a relatively short list that includes the one you are looking for.
- Searching for "5724-H72", "L-TMAN-699M66", or "CT3I3ML" all return the same IBM WebSphere MQ program.
- Searching for "5724-E70" returns all the Lotus Notes/Domino version 6.x releases.
- To find all releases of "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager" since the start of 2004, search for "storage manager" with a date filter of "after 12/31/2003".
- To see all programs released since 1 April 2005, leave the search criteria blank and enter a date filter of "after 03/31/2005".
- To find all programs where program names include both "WebSphere" and "Linux", search for "websphere and linux".
- To find all releases of IBM DB2 UDB since 1 January 2005, search for "udb or universal database" with a date filter of "after 12/31/2004". Normally the fullname would be spelled out - i.e. "Universal Database" instead of "UDB" but this way you can catch it either way.