Reduces costs. Improves decision making. Enables improved customer service.
IBM® Datacap Taskmaster Capture extracts information from document images for use in enterprise content management (ECM) and line of business systems. This software operates as a universal capture portal that transforms all forms of documents entering your organization. Now you can significantly reduce labor and paper costs, and deliver meaningful information for better, faster decisions and delight your customers with enhanced customer service responsiveness.
Datacap Taskmaster Capture is considered a leading enterprise capture platform because it offers:
- Best-in-class capture—you gain support for multiple recognition engines, all configurable using rules with support for dozens of languages, including Simplified Chinese and Cyrillic.
- Adaptable, extendible rules-based capture—which can be configured with a simple point and click interface. Datacap Taskmaster Capture offers the most flexible set of capture capabilities in a single product
- Scanning and verification using a browser—you get an integrated solution for remote scanning or verification over the Internet using a browser.
- Document classification using content analytics from Watson — the software features a comprehensive strategy for locating data on unstructured documents
- Licensing options to fit changing requirements - from Taskmaster Entry Level to Taskmaster Enterprise Edition.
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture features an open architecture that supports documents with barcodes, machine-printed text, hand-printed text or check boxes.
- It includes three optical character recognition (OCR) engines: ABBYY FineReader, OpenText Recostar, and Nuance ScanSoft. Connectors to add Parascript FieldScript supports documents with cursive and handprint capture.
- You can determine which engine is the most accurate for that particular document, or even a specific field.
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture supports Unicode double byte languages. Capture text and localize screens in dozens of languages including Cyrillic and Simplified Chinese.
Adaptable, extendible rules-based capture
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture includes hundreds of prebuilt actions and rules, which span every function of document capture such as multi language recognition, document classification, validations and business rules and formatting for business systems.
- Working in Datacap Studio, the environment for building and testing capture applications, you can assemble rules and actions like building blocks.
- You can point and click to configure advanced capture applications — with no programming skill required.
- You can save and reuse rules and adjust parameters as needs change. You can apply rules developed for one application to other applications using a copy-and-paste feature.
Scanning, administration and verification using a browser
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture applications can combine remote scanning and verification with advanced thick client capture functions, such as document ID, recognition and validations.
- Capture capabilities can reduce shipping costs and accelerate the input of documents.
- Perform a variety of administration functions in the browser. Use the Job Monitor in the thick or thin client to view the entire capture environment or filter it to focus on a single process or batch.
- Use the notification utility to program Datacap Taskmaster Capture to issue email notifications whenever certain situations occur, such as a batch being held for more than 24 hours.
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture also delivers standard reports which can be issued daily, weekly or monthly. It also supports FileNet System Monitor and ships with the System Dashboard for ECM
Document classification using content analytics from Watson
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture has many standard methods for document identification including rules to find a high percentage of required data. Smart verify panels enable operators to key data into the remaining fields in seconds with a single click on the image. After that, document type and field locations are stored in a library.
- For advanced classification and identification, Taskmaster can leverage content analytics with a connector to IBM Content Classification, a Watson technology that “reads” the document and classifies by content with a very high degree of accuracy.
Several licensing options to fit your budget
- Datacap Taskmaster Entry Level offers a low cost solution for automating document indexing and archiving into IBM repositories or Microsoft SharePoint. Taskmaster Entry Level features rapid application deployment tool and intuitive interface to get up and running fast. Add connectors for fax input, email and electronic documents and you have a solution for total document capture. When you want additional capture capabilities, there’s an easy upgrade path to Taskmaster Capture.
- Datacap Taskmaster Capture is a robust and scalable document capture platform that enables you to configure any type of capture solution to streamline process and reduce cost. Mix thin and thick client deployments, multiple OCR engines, multicore processing, AP capture with line item extraction, and special connectors for handwriting and content analytics.
- Datacap Taskmaster Enterprise Edition presents the typical connectors for high volume capture as a single user-based add-on that enables fax, email and electronic document input, Rulerunner Enterprise and IBM Content Classification.
The Taskmaster Capture web verify screen in Simplified Chinese.
Set up and test rules-based applications in Datacap Studio.
Taskmaster Entry Level offers a feature-rich interface for all activities.
Datacap Taskmaster Capture resources
Enterprise data capture can reduce costs and improve decision making
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available to purchase online. Other ways to purchase or learn more.