Maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z™ networks.
NetView provides automation, and network and systems management to address today’s requirement for business agility on System z
System and Network Automation provided by NetView addresses customers continued drive for increased IT availability. As expanding network requirements, such as adding mobile devices, increases the need for a complete network management solution will be increasingly important.
Tivoli NetView for z/OS
|Consolidated log (Canzlog) browse capability includes expanded access to message attributes on individual messages. Robust filtering is easily applied to retrieve desired log records based on a large selection of factors including time range, jobname, JobID, message ID, address space type, domain, authorization identities and groups, automation token, user settable attributes, or combinations of these values.||Logging and browsing functions are greatly enhanced to provide consolidated access to all NetView, system, and job messages.||Provides improved visibility to system activities, and faster problem resolution.|
|Packet trace: The NetView IP packet trace function allows for packet trace session analysis, individual connections can be dropped and the packet trace data can be saved for later retrieval or further analysis.
PKTTRACE command can be used via the command line, timer, or automated to start and stop traces and select trace criteria.
|Analyze the data in a packet trace to identify potential network and system problems.
PKTTRACE command simplifies tracing by automatically starting any required trace components.
|Significantly reduces the time needed for problem identification and diagnosis.|
|IP Subnet and z/OS: Updated MultiSystem Manager agent more tightly integrated with IBM Tivoli OMNibus and Tivoli NetWork Manager. The MultiSystem Manager agent for IBM Tivoli OMNibus and IBM Tivoli Network Manager in NetView gathers views and relationships and loads them into the NetView for z/OS Resource Object Data Manager (RODM) data cache. These resources can then be viewed and managed from the NetView Management Console (NMC).||Provides improved visibility to your distributed environment from z/OS.||This integration allows for better view, creation, and display of network relationships.|
|Discovery Library Adapter (DLA): The DLA can now gather sysplex, z/OS system, and distributed resource information stored in RODM and collected by NetView's discovery manager function or MultiSystem Manager agent for IBM Tivoli Network Manager..||Better utilize z/OS data in the RODM data cache.||Using the DLA provides monitoring and visibility to your system for improved distributed and z/OS utilization.|
|Support for zEnterprise: New interface and OSA Channel types specific to the zEnterprise platform. This new data is available for display through the NetView Management Console, Tivoli Enterprise Console® workspaces, or 3270 commands.||Provides information on the zEnterprise platform.||Moving to the zEnterprise provides new hybrid capabilities.|
|Support for GDPS Active/Active Continuous Availability solution:. The NetView program provides monitoring capability for workload status and other managed elements in the solution and automation in response to designated conditions.||GDPS Active/Active solution significantly increases system and workload resiliency.||Reducing the time to recovery in disaster situations.|
Tivoli NetView® for z/OS® provides the key capabilities and advanced functions to help you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System zTM networks. It offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multi-vendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. NetView for z/OS brings advanced automation, support for both TCP/IP and SNA networks, and a set of UI's to meet every user's need. It also provides management functions that work in cooperation with other products.
Features and capabilities of NetView for z/OS V6.1:
IBM® Tivoli® NetView® for z/OS® V6.1 delivers:
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS V6.1 provides enhanced management for your business-critical IT network infrastructure. Use NetView to manage your mainframe systems, your IP and SNA networks, and the key services these systems and networks support. Tivoli NetView V6.1 provides new capabilities that match the evolution in your System z® environment, and strengthens ties to your Tivoli Service Management portfolio allowing you to gain increased visibility, control, and automation over your IT environment.
NetView has provided a robust and evolving automation platform for years. With Tivoli NetView V6.1, automation support has been expanded to simplify automation configuration, improve system availability, and decrease operational costs, by providing a single, consistent method through which all network messages can be automated.
Consolidated message log and enhanced browsing
Tivoli NetView V6.1 provides a new consolidated message log, capturing NetView, system, and job messages with highly flexible filtering for viewing log data. You get improved analysis and faster problem resolution.
Enhanced IP management
Tivoli NetView's long history of providing management for the mainframe environment (including the operating system and communications servers) continues with enhancements to better manage your IP network, including more efficient problem diagnostics via IP packet trace analysis and enhanced end-to-end network management via tighter integration with IBM Tivoli OMNIbus and Network Manager.
NetView plays a key role in the new GDPS Active/Active Continuous Availability solution. This solution significantly increases system and workload resiliency while also reducing the time to recovery in disaster situations. Tivoli NetView V6.1 provides monitoring of workload status and other managed elements for improved availability and automation.
NetView for z/OS is designed to
- Gestión del rendimiento y monitorización
- IBM ILOG Inventory and Product Flow Analyst
- IBM SmartCloud Monitoring
- IBM SmartCloud Application Performance Management
- Netcool Network Management
- Operations Manager for z/VM
- Rational Performance Tester
- Tivoli Advanced Audit for DFSMShsm
- Tivoli Advanced Backup and Recovery for z/OS
- Tivoli Advanced Catalog Management for z/OS
- Tivoli Asset Discovery for Distributed
- Tivoli Asset Discovery for z/OS
- Tivoli Availability Process Manager
- Tivoli Business Service Manager
- Tivoli Business Service Manager for z/OS
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Application Diagnostics
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for SOA Platform
- Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions
- Tivoli Decision Support for z/OS
- Tivoli Editor for Messages on z/OS
- Tivoli Enterprise Console
- Tivoli ETEWatch
- Tivoli Event Pump for z/OS
- Tivoli Information Management for z/OS
- Tivoli IntelliWatch Pinnacle for Distributed Systems
- Tivoli License Compliance Manager for z/OS
- Tivoli Monitoring for Energy Management
- Tivoli Monitoring for Virtual Environments
- Tivoli Monitoring
- Tivoli Netcool Carrier VoIP Manager
- Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager
- Tivoli Netcool IP Multimedia Subsystem Manager
- Tivoli Netcool Network Mediation
- Tivoli Netcool Performance Flow Analyzer
- Tivoli Netcool Performance Manager for Wireless
- Tivoli Netcool Performance Manager
- Tivoli Netcool Service Quality Management Center
- Tivoli Netcool Service Quality Manager
- Tivoli Netcool/Impact
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
- Tivoli Netcool/Reporter
- Tivoli Netcool/Webtop
- Tivoli NetView for z/OS
- Tivoli NetView
- Tivoli NetView Distribution Manager
- Tivoli NetView Performance Monitor
- Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition
- Tivoli Network Manager Transmission Edition
- Tivoli OMEGACENTER Gateway on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON DE on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS Transaction Gateway on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Databases
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Monitor on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for Distributed Systems
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for R/3
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Application Server
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Application Server on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere Integration Brokers on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere InterChange Server
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS
- Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/VM and Linux
- Tivoli Output Manager for z/OS
- Tivoli Performance Modeler for z/OS
- Tivoli Storage Optimizer for z/OS
- Tivoli Web Access for Information Management