Delivering efficiencies in design, development and deployment
Product line engineering (PLE) helps you design, develop, deliver, and evolve a portfolio of similar products, with variations in features and functions, through each stage of the systems and software development lifecycle from requirements to design, development and testing.
Product line engineering can help you:
- Align engineering resources with business objectives to ensure efforts are focused on the most profitable features and functions
- Manage increased product diversity without a corresponding increase in resources
- Improve productivity and efficiency and reduce per-product development cost, resulting in higher profit margins
- Reduce time to market for new and updated products, while increasing agility to help you react to new opportunities and changing market conditions
- Increase product quality and improve risk management
IBM Rational and BigLever Software™ have teamed to provide a comprehensive product line engineering solution. Built upon the IBM solution for systems and software engineering and the BigLever (link resides outside of ibm.com) Gears software product line lifecycle framework, the solution combines industry leading technology, processes and best practices.
A systems lifecycle management solution comprising IBM development tools, proven best practices, and flexible deployment services to help you optimize complex and embedded systems and software delivery.
All products - Real-time and embedded software development
- High Level Assembler and Toolkit Feature
- IBM Real-Time Asset Locator for Healthcare
- Mathematical Acceleration Subsystem
- Mathematical Acceleration Subsystem family - Overview
- Rational Ada Developer family
- Rational DOORS family - Overview
- Rational Quality Manager | Trials and Demos (US)
- Rational Rhapsody family - Overview
- Rational Rose family
- Rational SDL Suite
- Rational Statemate
- Rational Systems Tester
- Rational Tau
- Rational Test RealTime
- Rational TTCN Suite
- XML Toolkit for z/OS
Integrate planning and execution, automate workflows, and manage change across diverse engineering disciplines and development teams
Solicit, engineer, document and trace requirements throughout the product lifecycle
Validate requirements, develop architectures and design real-time and embedded software using visual modeling
Optimize quality through collaborative planning, automated testing, and defect management.
Comprehensive software configuration management for any size project.
Task-based configuration management for flexibility and control of release content.
Visualize, analyze and organize engineering data for better decision making
The IBM Rational solution for systems and software engineering
Aberdeen Group: Embedded Software - The Future of Innovation in Tomorrow's Products.
Five benefits of agile practices in software-intensive systems development.
Creating smarter products with IBM Rational systems and software engineering
IBM Rational solutions for real-time and embedded software development.
See the IBM solution for systems and software engineering in action.