Solution to effectively procure, control and manage complex outsourced services including contingent labor
The IBM® Emptoris® Services Procurement solution enables companies to effectively procure, control and manage complex outsourced services including contingent labor. The solution automates and streamlines the entire procurement lifecycle for complex third-party services categories, including temporary labor, time and materials, and statement of work (SOW) service projects, such as IT outsourcing and business consulting.
Improved management of services procurement enables companies to significantly reduce costs and gain greater visibility into and control over operations, protecting against the risk of non-compliance with policies and regulations.
- Realize Substantial Savings – Realize savings by improving visibility and automating procurement and management processes across services and labor categories.
- Enforce Compliance and Mitigate Risk – Automate compliance enforcement for international, federal, state and local regulations and tax policies, as well as corporate policies.
- Gain Insight into Global Services and Workforce Management – Gain visibility into global demand for outsourced services and equip your organization with critical intelligence.
Realize Substantial Savings
- Significantly reduce costs by improving visibility—and automating and streamlining procurement and management processes—across services and labor categories.
- Realize savings through adherence to business rules and negotiated contracts, reducing maverick spend and enforcing negotiated contract rates to prevent overpayments.
- Identify areas for supplier consolidation; capture volume discounts and early payment rebates; enable better rate negotiations; and enforce payment limits.
- Manage demand for services and labor more effectively via real-time visibility into spend and resource pools, resulting in more effective global services and workforce management.
- Enforce budget controls with receipt and timesheet confirmation and four-way matching of order – item – receipt – invoice.
Enforce Compliance and Mitigate Risk
- Establish legal and financial controls that mitigate risks and enforce compliance, reducing the risk of fines, litigation or damage to corporate brand reputation.
- Automate compliance enforcement for a multitude of international, federal, state and local regulations and tax policies; and demonstrate adherence to financial regulations and internal company policies.
- Keep unqualified suppliers and employees outside of the enterprise—maintain compliance with diversity requirements, labor laws, background checks and workers’ rights.
- Leverage enhanced Flexible Rate Card capabilities to comply with regulatory and corporate requirements around contingent staff rate structures.
Gain Insight into Global Services and Workforce Management
- Gain insight into global demand for services, equipping the organization with the intelligence to leverage specialized supplier skill-sets.
- Drive competitive advantage by delivering the right mix of human talent, and optimize variable labor costs through various economic conditions.
- Achieve centralized and granular visibility into indirect services categories, as well as spend and rates by geography, business unit and service/labor type.
- Drive to 100% coverage of all outsourced services categories, not just contingent labor.
Home Page: Initiate and manage various aspects of the Services Procurement process from a central home page
Request Details: Create and manage services requests and track their status
Order Index Page: Automate the ordering process and enforce budgets with four-way matching of order-item-receipt-invoice
Timesheet View: Drill down into timesheet details and confirm their accuracy prior to invoicing
Emptoris Services Procurement resources
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.