Simplify mainframe security administration through a Windows-based interface
IBM® Security zSecure™ Visual simplifies IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) administration through a Microsoft Windows-based interface. It helps eliminate the need for extensive knowledge of RACF to perform many functions and allows experienced RACF administrators to focus on high value tasks.
IBM Security zSecure Visual helps you:
- Decentralize RACF administration to optimize resources through a Windows-based interface.
- Improve efficiency by simplifying administration through profiles accessed directly from Windows.
- Empower business users to quickly identify security threats through a spreadsheet-like interface.
- View and manage data set and general resource profiles by generating listings of profiles with similar characteristics based on search filters or selection criteria.
Decentralize RACF administration to optimize resources
- Enable tasks to be performed at the department level rather than at the corporate level.
- Allows experienced RACF security personnel to focus on high value tasks.
- Customize the administrative commands shown in the interface.
- Display only the commands decentralized administrators are allowed to perform.
- Enable decentralized administrators without the need for IBM Time Sharing Option/Interactive System Productivity Facility (TSO/ISPF) terminals.
Improve efficiency by simplifying administration
- Lower overhead by handling routine tasks with minimal training.
- View accurate, timely information about users, groups and resource profiles; navigate RACF profiles; manage permits, scope and access lists.
- Add new users simply by duplicating standard user templates and entering the new user names.
- Enable individual users to customize and format the interface, including display layouts and default passwords.
- Administer multiple systems with a single application interface.
Empower business users to quickly identify security threats
- Enable business managers and auditors to quickly view vital information about staff and resources in a read-only format.
- Reduce the requirement for ad hoc or periodic distribution of reports.
View and manage data set and general resource profiles
- View more information on the profiles and also perform administration functions such as access control list (ACL) modification, profile copying and profile deleting.
- Display ACL information with groups and users mixed or combine group connections and operational access to show all users that have access to the data set or resource.
IBM Security zSecure Visual