Sensitive and private data protection for DB2 and IMS systems
IBM Security Guardium® Data Encryption for IBM DB2® and IBM IMS™ Databases provides encryption for DB2 for IBM z/OS® and IMS data systems. It uses IBM System z® cryptographic hardware to protect sensitive data at the DB2 row level and IMS segment level.
IBM Security Guardium Data Encryption for DB2 and IMS Databases provides:
- Advanced data encrypting and decrypting—for data security and privacy, and low overhead.
- Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) front-end and exit drivers—for optimizing efficiency, encryption and compression capability.
Advanced data encrypting and decrypting
- Provides DB2 edit routines and IMS exit routines using the z/OS Integrated Cryptographic Service Facility to protect sensitive data on storage media.
- Uses the Triple Data Encryption Standard, ANSI Data Encryption Algorithm and Advanced Encryption Standard algorithms.
- Enables you to safely use storage area networks while complying with international privacy and security regulations.
- Provides encryption routines that are transparent to applications accessing the databases, requiring no application changes.
- Offers the capability to specify encryption keys.
Interactive System Productivity Facility (ISPF) front-end and exit drivers
- Provides an ISPF front end that allows you to create and customize encryption, external compression and exit drivers.
- Provides exit drivers to permit compression and encryption at the same exit point to avoid affecting existing compression capability.
- Allows faster implementation through standard DB2 and IMS exit routines used during database reload.
IBM Security Guardium Data Encryption for DB2 and IMS Databases resources